level image

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sa-x

i have finish my mod (finally) but i release it only when i have put level image, when you have to select the level there is an image, i want to put those of my levels, how can i do that?

Well, go to your level. In the console, type CHASECAM 0 and SHOWHUD 0. Go to whichever spot in your level that you'd like the picture to be at, and press F8 to take a screenshot.

Go into Paint or whichever image editing program you use, and open up the screenshot. Either resize or crop it down to 160x100, then save it as a .bmp file.

If you don't have XWE, get it. Open up your wadfile in XWE, and import the level image. Rename it to MAPxxP. (For example, if your map is in MAPA1, put MAPA1P, and if it's MAP01, put MAP01P.) It should then work.

Well, go to your level. In the console, type CHASECAM 0 and SHOWHUD 0. Go to whichever spot in your level that you'd like the picture to be at, and press F8 to take a screenshot.

Go into Paint or whichever image editing program you use, and open up the screenshot. Either resize or crop it down to 160x100, then save it as a .bmp file.

If you don't have XWE, get it. Open up your wadfile in XWE, and import the level image. Rename it to MAPxxP. (For example, if your map is in MAPA1, put MAPA1P, and if it's MAP01, put MAP01P.) It should then work.

How can i import it, where i click? file, draw, give me instructions, how can i save, how can i resize with paint, can i write the dimension? in percentage? what can i do?

Last edited:
In paint, you can't resize like that, but you could crop it; or download GIMP, which everyone should have anyway, and resize it there. Then use "Save As" to save it as a .bmp file. Then, select all and copypaste into XWE.

You can resize in Paint, everyone knows that. -_-

Sa-x in a PM said:
ehm, you have answer at my question, but with paint i have the percentages, to have 160X100 what percentage i have to write? or do you know others editing image?
If you haven't changed your in-game resolution any, you should put 25% in both boxes.

Yeah, but MS Paint is a terrible way to resize an image. It looks very bad when you try to resize it. I say that you resize using an image editor made for actually editing images, like Gimp, Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro and so on. They all support more image resizing options then nearest neighbor (which is what the only one MS Paint uses). For this situation, go with taking the image in 640 x 400 and resize it with cubic interpolation to 160 x 100. It will look so much better if you did.

Hmmm... I see that this question seems to be asked quite a lot. Perhaps a guide on how to do level select images should be placed on the wiki or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back