Fixed Letting the Demos Play out unlocks levels in Record Attack

Frisktaker

As the title suggests, I quit after Greenflower Act 3 and went to Record Attack. I had all of Greenflower and Act 1 of Techno Hill unlocked, as expected. Then, I let the demos on the title screen play out. The third demo is of course Knuckles in Deep Sea Act 1. Then I went to Record Attack and Deep Sea Act 1 was available.
It would seem that replays count as 'visiting' a level. I don't know if fixing it is even possible, and it I guess isn't too much of an issue in vanilla, since out of the four demos, Deep Sea is the only one that wouldn't already be unlocked by the time Record Attack or NiGHTS Mode is, and it is hardly far in the game, but it could be an issue in level packs that have their own demos.

To test this, I renamed my gamedata to something else so that all unlockables would be gone, then used my already completed save file to beat GFZ3, selecting return to title the moment Record Attack was unlocked. Thus, the only map available was GFZ3. Then I let all four demos play, and sure enough, now GFZ1, THZ1, and DSZ1 were available.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back