Let's make our own master server for 1.09.4

kctobor

I think we should make a master server for 1.09.4. Why?

1. A lot of old ports use 1.09.4, such as the Dreamcast port, possibly the upcoming DS port, and more.

2. Nostalgia. Yeah, Nostalgia.

3. It would be fun to play old mods.

I think we should make a master server for 1.09.4. Why?

1. A lot of old ports use 1.09.4, such as the Dreamcast port, possibly the upcoming DS port, and more.

2. Nostalgia. Yeah, Nostalgia.

3. It would be fun to play old mods.
btw the old console ports do not support online multiplayer.

I know. I'm just saying with a new master server you can find games easily
I don't think a master server will be necessary for the 0 hosted games there would be.
When people play the old versions of the game, this is often out of nostalgia or experimentation, which usually lasts for a couple hours.

If someone wanted to play an old version with other people for whatever reason, this would often involve a small group that would direct connect to a particular server.

Also yeah, old console ports do not have online support; a master server that can't be used anyways would be rather pointless lol

It would probably be more practical to set up a discord channel for people looking to play with others on outdated versions, rather than setting up a master server for every outdated version someone might want to play. I don't use discord much though, so I'm not in the SRB2 server to know whether such a thing might already exist or not.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back