Let's be honest about Sonic 2006

I think it’s interesting how the finale of the game involved resetting the timeline so that Solaris was never a thing to begin with, meaning that our current Sonic has never had to kiss a human and hopefully never will
I bet Sonic Team knew what they were doing, they knew how messed up this was and made the excuse that it never happened

Last edited:
I hate because it's something that the franchise doesn't need in the games. The debate of wether or not humans should exist in the Sonic universe is very interesting and polarizing, but I really don't think there should be romance between humans and furry creatures in the games, it just doesn't work with the themes of Sonic games. And to top it all, it's corny as hell, "a kiss to bring Sonic back to life", that's just cheesy, and in the case of a Sonic game it's cheesy and creepy
Well i think i agree with you about humans mustn't ships furry creatures
but your opinion is respected ;)
Thanks god that SEGA didn't repeat it in other games again

I do actually like the idea of Sonic having a human friend, but not as a romantic love interest. Sonic X was rather hit or miss with it's portrayal of Sonic being friends with a human as well, with it mostly being miss. There are humans Sonic has been acquainted with that work fairly well though, such as the girl waiting for her dad at the train station in Adventure that Sonic would visit occasionally (The idea of Sonic keeping her company in between mini-adventures throughout the game while she waits for her dad is super cute and wholesome and nobody ever seems to talk about it), the Ice Cream Shop guy from Unleashed, and Professor Pickle from the same game. There may not be much a human can do to help fight against Eggman or whatever other big bads Sonic is up against, but they can still provide plenty of entertainment value and could have information that helps forward the plot.

i guess its great game and a bad game hey but it had some great visuals and i dont feel its a bad game but it is too buggy and the sonic and elise scene so yeah

I also don't get why and how people are still trying to defend this game in 2021 (while some are unironically saying that Colors isn't good).
Because how the game was trying, a Sonic game different from others. A emotional trainwheck of the game like Sonic Adventure 2 (only in last story). A "potential wasted" game.
I mean i can blame Sega and Naka for making the game development hellish, if the game had buxfixes and polishes before launch then it's a good game.
To me for Colors, while the game is great, it has cheesy quotes and lighthearted moments to the point it's annoying, some are funny, some killed it.

Because how the game was trying, a Sonic game different from others. A emotional trainwheck of the game like Sonic Adventure 2 (only in last story). A "potential wasted" game.
I mean i can blame Sega and Naka for making the game development hellish, if the game had buxfixes and polishes before launch then it's a good game.
To me for Colors, while the game is great, it has cheesy quotes and lighthearted moments to the point it's annoying, some are funny, some killed it.
hes banned now so..........yeah
you have a point tho

If honesty is what you truly desire, you must acknowledge that what's "good" and "bad" in gaming is purely subjective. "One mans trash is another mans treasure" as they say. I could go on a long rant about why I feel like hub worlds are a good idea for 3D Sonic games if handled correctly, but someone else's opinion that they should stick strictly to 2D menus to navigate from level to level is equally valid, as is someone else entirely with their opinion that the progression should be automatic like in the old Genesis/Mega Drive classics. You or I may consider Superman 64 to be genuine garbage better off in a trash can than inserted into a console, but someone out there might consider it their favorite game of all time, and that's okay.

Sonic 06 is a game that had tremendous potential that ultimately the majority of which went wasted. It's neither the first or the last game like this in the franchise, but it is probably the biggest offender. Considering we are not living in a version of history in which the game got the proper love and care in development it deserved and a delay or two to smooth things over, to say that we know for sure how the final product would have turned out under ideal conditions is frankly quite absurd and silly.
Verrry well said!

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back