Let's be honest about Sonic 2006

Then sorry if I don't agree.

A videogame is an entertainment product where I put money into it, if it fails at what it does there is no excuse.

People may use the "but it's art" as an argument but then again there are also trash art and I wasted money on a bad product.

Also nobody could ever convince me that Fifa 12 is art, no it's just the same product made to milk money from consumers, it has no artistic value whatsoever.
So you agree that it's all subjective? :blink:

A videogame is an entertainment product where I put money into it, if it fails at what it does there is no excuse.
You don't seem to realize how heavily subjective this is. Entertainment is inherently subjective. Are you entertained by sports? Are you entertained by paintings? Are you entertained by eating contests? Maybe you are entertained by all these things. Maybe you are entertained by only some of them. Everything isn't going to always entertain you that does entertain others.

People may use the "but it's art" as an argument but then again there are also trash art and I wasted money on a bad product.

Also nobody could ever convince me that Fifa 12 is art, no it's just the same product made to milk money from consumers, it has no artistic value whatsoever.
This is an opinion, not an objective truth. You may feel that you wasted money on a bad product. This is fine. You are allowed to have your opinion. However, someone else may buy the same product and find themselves entertained by it. Why is their opinion of less value than yours? Why is your opinion objective truth while theirs is wrong?

Same thing here.

You don't seem to understand what it means for something to be an objective truth and what it means for something to be a subjective opinion. Here's some examples:

Subjective opinion: Apples are a good tasting fruit.
Objective fact: You need to eat food to stay alive.

Subjective opinion: Sonic Generations is a good game.
Objective fact: Sonic Generations is a video game.

Subjective opinion: Google is a weird name for a search engine.
Objective fact: Google was founded in 1998.

Yeah, art is also an industry. In a capitalist world everything becomes a product with price and value, including art. I'm not saying that Fifa is art, but videogames can be art. That happens with other types of art, Romero Britto for example is a brazilian "artist". He has his style of painting and created an industry using his style, just like Fifa, all his products are basically the same, just because he sells paintings as literal products doesn't mean that painting isn't a form of art. Videogames can be art if the creators care about it and wanna send a message or just make the player think or feel things.

I'm actually fine with 06', only because Mephiles tho, just remove the kissing at the end Mephiles was a good character, except his brother Infinite.

Sonic 2006 for me is not a bad game at all I enjoy it a lot even more than games like Unleashed or Generations it is a shame what Sega did to the game in its development

personally, I think that if Sega gave Sonic Team more time, we would be facing a worthy bearer of the title of Sonic Adventure 3

of course I have some problems with the game, more than anything the Sonic story the difficulty in some Zones like Dusty Desert or how annoying and boring some bosses are

Idk why almost everybody hate the kiss !
I just find it fine because without it Elise couldn't save sonic
It was necessary

Idk why almost everybody hate the kiss !
I just find it fine because without it Elise couldn't save sonic
It was necessary
I hate because it's something that the franchise doesn't need in the games. The debate of wether or not humans should exist in the Sonic universe is very interesting and polarizing, but I really don't think there should be romance between humans and furry creatures in the games, it just doesn't work with the themes of Sonic games. And to top it all, it's corny as hell, "a kiss to bring Sonic back to life", that's just cheesy, and in the case of a Sonic game it's cheesy and creepy

I hate because it's something that the franchise doesn't need in the games. The debate of wether or not humans should exist in the Sonic universe is very interesting and polarizing, but I really don't think there should be romance between humans and furry creatures in the games, it just doesn't work with the themes of Sonic games. And to top it all, it's corny as hell, "a kiss to bring Sonic back to life", that's just cheesy, and in the case of a Sonic game it's cheesy and creepy
I think it’s interesting how the finale of the game involved resetting the timeline so that Solaris was never a thing to begin with, meaning that our current Sonic has never had to kiss a human and hopefully never will

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back