Legacy or 2.2 soundtrack?

On my point... legacy own alot atmosphere over the 2019 2.2 musics. I must really own a kind-like .SF2 soundfont to make my own songs with their rythm...

Similar to the infamous sonic CD question, but this time about SRB2.
both are awesome equally, but we can all agree red volcano legacy is a bop
I like both because each fits the versions they're meant for. I mean, even if i liked 2.1 GFZ1 better, for example, i really don't think it fits for the 2.2 level.

So like many other subjects related to this, i prefer 2.2 for polish and general quality but i kinda prefer legacy for the style.
Post automatically merged:

Legacy Magma Caves is one of my favorite songs in the entirety of SRB2.
Agreed
Also, idk if you know but it was a placeholder, it's from a level called Flame Rift from a mod called The Mystic Realm

As someone who grew up with the legacy soundtrack, I can appreciate it, but there's a reason many players like me were thankful for clairebun's music replacement wad back then. Her work on the v2.2 version of the soundtrack (and the work of the other musicians as well) knocks the old soundtrack out of the park. If you don't like the new Super Sonic theme, you just have bad taste.

The first version of SRB2 that I had played was version Final Demo 1.09.4 that I found on an old Flash games website from my childhood that's now gone. I don't remember if it was the latest version at that time or if version 2.0 was already available on the official website, but I do remember that I used to check the official website a lot. I remember forgetting about the game for a few years during the 2.0 period because of no new updates and getting completely surprised when I discovered that 2.0.7 was out, and thinking that SRB2 was discontinued when the website shut down during the SOPA strike. Often when I randomly think about SRB2 music tracks I find that it's from the 2.1 soundtrack; perhaps it has stuck with me after so many years playing the game. But the 2.2 soundtrack is excellent and 100% better than the 2.1 soundtrack. Actually, version 2.2 is such an upgrade from 2.1, the dedication of the developers and attention to details really show. Version 2.1 felt like a nice free fan game, but version 2.2 feels like a polished indie game, from the menus to the level design and music and basically everything (except the ancient netcode).

the 2.2 soundtrack is cool and all, but i prefer the legacy soundtrack more, especially the character select theme
I actually also really liked that track. I went in a different direction for 2.2 on it because it seemed more tonally appropriate, and I think it was the right decision in hindsight.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back