Legacy 2.0 anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think we should trust using this, considering it's still in development. It could be worth a shot, though.

Better yet, we could've actually help with the development of this, this also seems like it would be very easy to reuse our code with. If we feel our engine is too outdated, this project looks like a good starting point if we would ever want to re-do our engine.

Legacy_steep_parallax.jpeg

*Heart attack due to awesomeness*

Do you realise how much editing to the Legacy code to get it to the current state of SRB2's code? Do you realise there's barely any Doom left?

In other words:

No.

We are not changing engines for SRB2, ever, nothing will change that decision...

Cue said:
Do you realise how much editing to the Legacy code to get it to the current state of SRB2's code? Do you realise there's barely any Doom left?

In other words:

No.

We are not changing engines for SRB2, ever, nothing will change that decision...
Not even next gen loading screens =P

Uhh... Sorry Dash Fox, but I have to disagree with you on this. :(

1 Doom engine + 10 YEARS of re-coding = 1 SRB2 game engine.

I'm pretty sure SRB2's engine is OK the way it is now. :/

zeldagamer00 said:
Parallax mapping image
Awesomeness lost due to requiring pixel shader, and only working in OpenGL mode.

But yeah, SRB2's never changing engines. EVER. That's all there is to it.

Draykon said:
zeldagamer00 said:
Parallax mapping image
Awesomeness lost due to requiring pixel shader, and only working in OpenGL mode.

Awesomeness still kept due to my awesome 3D card with pixel shader and OpenGL support =P

(On topic)
SRB2 won't get ported over to legacy 2.0, unless your interested in taking 10 years to do it youself.

DashFox, GTFO. SRB2 is fine how it is. If you really care that much, go move to the Doom community.

From my perspective, the main problem isn't that the current SRB2 engine has little of Doom's code left (the core aspect of the engine that makes it tick probably hasn't changed much from the original Doom engine, and the graphical aspect definitely hasn't changed much as well), it's that the task itself of converting everything to the newest version of the Legacy engine would be too tedious and time-consuming to be worth it.

BlueZero4 said:
DashFox, GTFO. SRB2 is fine how it is. If you really care that much, go move to the Doom community.

I was sort of just talking hypothetically here, of course SRB2 wouldn't switch to this, what's wrong with trying to start a conversation? Flaming much?

I don't see anything hypothetical about whining because SRB2 isn't graphically amazing. Not that Doom will ever be graphically amazing.

Also, for the record, editing your posts to try to sound intelligent doesn't cut it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back