Least favorite feature of SRB2

Status
Not open for further replies.

tertu

cheap spirit
Put it here.

My least favorite feature is that it knows when a save was made while you had a level WAD loaded, even if you can continue the game normally.

EDIT:

Actually, I think my problem was that I had it on easy. :oops:

EDIT2:

My problem was the WAD... :oops: :oops:

You can't drag WADs onto the executable and have it load them that way, a la ZDOOM.

...yeah, that's pretty much it, as of now. Pretty good, when you think about it.

My least favorite feature is that it won't save all of your settings. Name, skin, and fur color for multiplayer games (You can't even set them when there's no game in progress! Talk about inconvenient!), as well as OpenGL-only graphics settings like texture filtering mode, fog, and others. Also, it won't remember your FOV because it keeps getting tampered with when you switch levels or someone reaches top speed.

Least favorite, eh?

That's a tough one..
In fact, I can't think of one at the moment.

Least favorite feature?
Theres no (easy to use, if i may add) ingame editor.
No Direct3D *shot*
No me in credits *shot once more*
More (mabye even custom) gametypes (mabye you can find a way to have CHAOS mode, with some changes, be unlockable or something :P)
More unlockables, in general.
Take all of my ideas in the 1.1 topic, put them in, and THEN this game is flawless :P

Spazzo said:
No Direct3D *shot*

I'm not totally sure what you think the benefit is of using Direct3D over OpenGL. You're using the same video card.

No other unlockable Supers :( *shot*(hey it made a point in collecting the emeralds with the other two ;) )
No flags to check off, instead of checking off the stupid "deaf" flag for extra things :evil:
No ZHeight :( (I HATE BITSET HEIGHT! :twisted: )

KingofFlames said:
No other unlockable Supers :( *shot*(hey it made a point in collecting the emeralds with the other two ;) )
No flags to check off, instead of checking off the stupid "deaf" flag for extra things :evil:
No ZHeight :( (I HATE BITSET HEIGHT! :twisted: )

1. Mystic has explained why Sonic's the only Super. If the others were super, it wouldn't make it special, because they could all do it. It's hard to play as Sonic compared to the other two, but having SS makes it worthwhile. If Tails & Knuckles could go Super, it'd be too easy. You'd have extra speed, plus their natural abilities, making it much easier.
2. There are tons of flags. Explore a bit.
3. Bitsets aren't hard. Get a calculator if multiplying by 16 is too hard.

Isn't Oogaland working on some sort of ZHeight option for Doom Builder?

My complaint is the "Hot Coffee" mode was taken out and I use to love it....
(For those of you who don't understand this, don't reply to it, it will only make you look stupid....)
Oh yes, one more....
I want "Spidey Knux" offically named in the actual game......

That is all...

SSNTails said:
Spazzo said:
No Direct3D *shot*

I'm not totally sure what you think the benefit is of using Direct3D over OpenGL. You're using the same video card.

True, but DirectX actually handles windows correctly. It doesn't throw your skin out the window like OpenGL does. And it also doesn't shuffle the positions and sizes of your open windows after leaving full-screen.

FoxBlitzz said:
True, but DirectX actually handles windows correctly. It doesn't throw your skin out the window like OpenGL does. And it also doesn't shuffle the positions and sizes of your open windows after leaving full-screen.

Actually, it's just the window-handling in SRB2 that's crappy. The whole window and fullscreen initialization is shared between OGL and DirectX - what you do is set up a window and then tell OGL or Direct3D to "draw here".

Actually, I've seen OpenGL's unskinning in other games, such as Goo Tower, and any OpenGL game I play, no matter how it's programmed, messes up the windows after returning from full-screen. And I don't think it's SRB2's fault. On initialization the window is skinned just fine. Once OpenGL loads, the skin is removed. Call me crazy, but...

It must be your video card driver, then. E-mail them and tell them that they are stupid :)

Umm... no mac port, but I'm trying to fix that.

Other than that big, obvious one, I think... multiplayer. I don't really care about it. Sonic's always been about the single player, and if the team focused less on the Multiplayer then maybe there would be some new, good Single Player levels, which I would adore. :)

fwa4cd.png

[/recycled images from mid-2005]

In all seriousness, I vote Chaos as the worst feature ever. I know it's already been removed, I just want to see it stay dead. Honestly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back