LAWARIAS network updates (that means the SVN and SRB2MS too)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoganA

Administrator
Administrator
Sonic Team Junior
I just bought two new hard drive, a 160GB and a 250GB on a whim, so Alam and I are going to check our many "servers" and see what systems need more storage space, and play musical chairs with the hard drives. At the same time, we will be also updating our router's DD-WRT firmware, and redo it's setup (after writing down the settings beforehand). The means our internet connection is going to go on and off all day. so, hopefully we will back on the 17th, with more space, and better QoS on both sides of the router.

Faster internets while you're at it please :<

It takes an age to checkout the entire source of SRB2 from the SVN >_<

cueball61 said:
Faster internets while you're at it please :<

It takes an age to checkout the entire source of SRB2 from the SVN >_<
sorry, can't do that, I only have a 32KBps upload. I'm not going to pay Comcast more money.

'Tis a real shame - I can't live without my annual pillow fights with Syko...

(Just joking.) (I do like netgaming with my friends though)

Whew! I'm glad that it's not forever.

But darn, I was about to see what's been updated in the past 5 weeks on the SVN......

I hope you realize that everything is running again. You access the SVN, Master Server, etc...

Sonict

Updates

I've have put back up most of the settings back into our router.

We haven't copied and put in the new hard drivers

also, for the next week or so, I'm going to playing around with the router's QoS and and it's 16 Wireless Virtual Interfaces SSIDes.
This will let me to upgrade wireless security, while also having a alt SSID with WEP for our family's 5 DSes.

Soo, if the SVN and MS go down at times, that would be me.

SVN and http server on port 81 are are now down
Alam is installing the 160GB hard drive into his PC

You went through the trouble of buying expensive hard drives, why not pay comcast a little bit more? ~42 kb/sec is much nicer than 32. :(

Shuffle said:
You went through the trouble of buying expensive hard drives, why not pay comcast a little bit more? ~42 kb/sec is much nicer than 32. :(
expensive? They were only $60 and $153.

Sonic Shadow said:
Country+taxes conflict?
And this isn't expensive?o_o
New Hampshire, and it's cheap, compared to when I got my first 250GB drive, it was $450.

OK, I will be getting a upgrade in internet speed, which will also give me more upload speed, but it will not be set in until December. Also, as some people have notice, the services provided by Alam and I (and our internet connection in general) have been going up and down for the last week or so, that problem has been solved, I think......

About time too, checking out the source code for SRB2 takes an age >:o

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back