Kart: Loading any mod seems to break online play

Zombongo

So I'm having an issue, it's kind of hard to explain but I'll do my best so bear with me.

I used to host a server for me and my friends and all went well, however, the recent update to SRB2kart seems to have broken the online play.

When I host just the vanilla game (No mods, no bonus characters) either via a dedicated server or just by the normal menu option, my friends can join and play just fine, there are no problems.

However, the moment I load any mod at all, even the bonus characters mod, they are no longer able to connect to the server. They are not prompted to download the server files, their connection is just flat out refused to the server. But his only happens when a mod is loaded, vanilla game is just fine.

I've never had this problem before and I've never had issues with them connecting in the past, so I'm not really sure what's going on, any suggestions or ideas? I don't think its my ports since they are able to connect when there are no mods in play, so I am kinda stumped and not sure if it's on my end or SRB2karts end.

Also happy to share any info that is requested to help solve the issue.

When you say it is refused, does it give you a message box on the client or does it just hang at "connecting"?
If it shows a message box, what does it say?

Hey, sorry for the delay. There's no error it just endlessly loops trying to connect to the server for a really long time. But this only happens when a mod is enabled. With just base game there is no issue.

rSpWpRg.png

Edit: Just throwing a little update here. Several people who play with me have offered to give it a try and they seem to have the same problem. When they host just the vanilla game we can connect no problem, but adding a mod, any single mod at all, prevents anyone from connecting. For some it's just the endless looping of trying to connect, for others it's the "Error with file, this is usually a problem with the server, not your game" message. It doesn't matter what mod we load or whether it's 1 or 10, this problem will always persist.

So for us it seems the most recent kart update has broken mod play for online. We've given up on it for now and will just have to hope that a future release of kart fixes this issue.

Thanks all for the support.

Last edited:
Sorry for the double post, this is the final update to the situation.

We have discovered a solution to this problem. I had to zip up the mods and send them to my group, since the SRb2kart client no longer lets us download from the host directly, we discovered having the mods on our system prior to connecting to the server seemed to fix this issue. It appears to be an issue with just downloading the files straight from whoever is hosting, but once you have the files on your system then it will "download" and load them up.

This never used to be a thing with SRB2kart as in the past we had no problem having the host load up a mod and then everyone would simply connect to the server and the client would auto download the mod. So something changed with the most recent kart update to prevent file echnage between host and players from working properly.

Regardless, we got this fixed, though its kind of annoying if we want to update or add mods to our server we now have to make "Patches" for everyone to download. Still its better then nothing.

Hope it gets fixed in the future. Cheers Kart team!

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back