Just what are the limits...

Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as graphical glitches go, once you make a sector's width/length more than 10000 fracunits, they start to pop up.

WELL....if anyone remembers Eggmanway.wad(before it was remade) the extremely long pathways of doom would give people nightmares.

He asked maximum height, not maximum length, Digiku :P

Anyways, I don't know, but I suggest you to don't go under 0 and don't go over 4095. I didn't do it so I don't know the effects, but I suppose that you don't want to make a sector of that height, do you? :P

Hovewer, the linedef length limit is right, around 10000 fracunits...

FuriousFox said:
The maximum distance between the floor and the ceiling is 6144.
Someone (as in, I suck to much to be able to do it myself) should try making some kind of draw distance limit like OpenGL's that simply turns anything farther then that away into sky, even if there's something to see beyond it. That would fix everything, wouldn't it? :roll: Then map designers wouldn't need to worry about making areas too big and open... And we could always add a black sky for indoor maps (that is, if you can't deal with the dark blue one we already have)...

He asked maximum height, not maximum length, Digiku

Actually, I was coping with incorrect grammar. Though, if sector height goes about your fancy, yeah, 4096 is the recommended max height. SRB2 starts having problems (i.e. it might crash) with sector heights of ~7000.

Someone (as in, I suck to much to be able to do it myself) should try making some kind of draw distance limit like OpenGL's that simply turns anything farther then that away into sky

I'd love this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back