Shadow the Hedgeho

• Nay

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yay

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's see... I've been here quite a long time, although I rarely post. But being the non-conformist I am, I just had to field this one.

And I vote... Yay.

Let's see... Why do people hate Shadow so much? It can't exactly be that it is because he has sucky abilities/gameplay, as he is pretty much a supped-up Sonic clone.

It could be what everyone here is claiming: That Shadow seems to exert an annoying amount of angst and general psychotic depression. Certainly such a claim would ring true for Shadow's actions in Sonic Adventure 2... After all, normal people don't decide to destroy the World just because a best friend was murdered when they were betrayed in the midst of doing good deeds after being a newly cloned creation. Then again, I wouldn't entirely be sure because I haven't exactly been there myself. :)

But then again, a multitude of characters from the Sonic universe have alot of worse personalities than Shadow, and every single one does indeed have faults, even Sonic, whom I certainly like as the main character, has a tendency to be overarrogant to the point where I find myself wishing Robotnik would do something, anything, to wipe the smug smile off of Sonic's face. In the personality aspect, I would expect people to find Shadow's at least tolerable in the role of an anti-hero.

No.... I expect, and much of this is drawn from what I've seen in this thread and elsewhere around the net, that the real reason people hate Shadow so much is because of the fanbase he gets. Certainly when you've people running around saying "SHA3D0W IS T3H AW3S0M3"(Forgive me, I do not I33t speak well) and at the same time bashing Sonic, the beloved hero whom people from the Genesis days like myself admire, it would tend to make us less than happy. I mean, how dare people have the right to admire a new character who has a different personality than Sonic? They must be N00Bs!!!! /sarcasm

Do I like Shadow more than Sonic? Nope, to me they're just unique characters with similiar gameplay(Guns aside), each with different aspects that make them both cool in their own ways. And Shadow does make a neat villian once in a while, shaking up the tedious formula of having to constantly battle Robotnik all the time.

But please people, bashing people who say they like Shadow is just as bad, if not worse since its retalitory, than the very large fanbase who is out there doing the exact same to people who like Sonic.

And keep in mind that the Sonic games would not exist without a fanbase, period. So having a group of Shadow fans doesn't exactly hurt things too much(Please don't complain about the Shadow game being the fault of Shadow fans, as its just stupid at this point).

Compelling arguement, but I still think that Shadow will ruin true Sonic games. Sonic Team and Yuji Naka think everyone loves Shadow, and we'll probably see more from him.

Oh well, there's always Feel the Magic. [/FtM plug]

(Seriously, if you have a DS, get that game. =P)

EDIT: 13000th POST! W00T!!!

I like Shadow, so yay. The game? Meh. Doesn't look too promising, looks like a GTA rip-off to me. :| I'll still give it a shot though.

Metal Sonic MRK II said:
But please people, bashing people who say they like Shadow is just as bad, if not worse since its retalitory, than the very large fanbase who is out there doing the exact same to people who like Sonic.
To be honest, I really don't mind. In fact, whenever I bash a Shadow fan, it's mostly just sarcasm/horse play, but I am fully aware that sarcasm on the internets doesn't usually translate well. Everyone is subject to their own opinions, and it's not terribly often that I'd ever have a reason to genuinely refute another's opinions.

But you must understand; There's something about Shadow that just seems to appeal to the common internet fanboy. Most likely Sega's constant failing attempts at making him 'badass', which is quite clearly what Shadow The Hedgehog epitomizes (GUNZ! MOTORCYCLEZ! ALIENZ! It's the backbone of every cliché action movie ever). It's rather sickening, especially since it completely clashes with the Sonic series' very soul. I mean, it wasn't meant for this kind of treatment. And as we're all aware, Shadow's creation has brought forth a massive plague of 9 year olds without a lick of sense or logic who zealously flaunt their biased thoughts and opinions throughout the internet. It starts to grate on your nerves, y'know?

Of course, this is all just my opinion. Now, you're just fine in my book. You see, you're one of the few intelligent Shadow fans I've ever seen on the internet. This gives me hope for the Sonic fandom, and perhaps humanity in general. Good on ya. Oh, and I must thank you for giving me the opportunity to flex my brain, it's not often that I get to stretch the tables like this.

down.jpg

You have won all of the internet, Ritz.

The award will be presented by Jesus himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back