Just a Question for anyone who reads this:

FangLoverAndMain2023

I don't even main fang anymore.
If I had a game for the Nintendo Switch (Example: Sonic Origins) can I convert the Switch version into a Steam version?​

Mostly asking this because the game costs about 200 dollars and HELL, it is expensive where I live.​

Edit: I already have the answer, thanks for replying. Should I delete this from the forums?

Last edited:
If I had a game for the Nintendo Switch (Example: Sonic Origins) can I convert the Switch version into a Steam version?

Mostly asking this because the game costs about 200 dollars and HELL, it is expensive where I live.
Most likely not. Nintendo doesnt want any connection to Steam,so you sadly have to buy the Steam Version.

If I had a game for the Nintendo Switch (Example: Sonic Origins) can I convert the Switch version into a Steam version?

Mostly asking this because the game costs about 200 dollars and HELL, it is expensive where I live.
No. That's not how it works. While it'd be nice to have games released across all platforms playable on all said platforms, no is for certain.

No. That's not how it works. While it'd be nice to have games released across all platforms playable on all said platforms, no is for certain.
Most likely not. Nintendo doesnt want any connection to Steam,so you sadly have to buy the Steam Version.
Thanks for telling me. Now I can enjoy my painful regret of buying the console version and not being able to mod it 😃👍

But seriously tho, thank you two for helping me. I am really grateful.

Unfortunately, you cannot convert a Nintendo Switch game like Sonic Origins into a Steam version. Each platform has its unique development and distribution, requiring separate purchases for different systems.

That's kinda sad
If ever buying a game i recommend buying the steam ver,trust me

And yeah,the games are expensive asf,imagine buying the Steam,Switch and Console version

Steami is full of bullshit. I cannot even scroll without seeing +18 games anywhere. Purchase the games physically. Sometimes they are cheaper like that.

I know, but the thing is a can not restore Sonic CD's cutscenes without origins (and I only made a Steam account way after Sonic CD got deleted from Steam)

I actually knew the existnace of all of those (and I have S1F, S2A and S3AIR) but thank you nontheless. The thing is I wish somehow I had acess for the character models (the ones on the menu island) so I could use them to make a fangame.

That's kinda sad
If ever buying a game i recommend buying the steam ver,trust me

And yeah,the games are expensive asf,imagine buying the Steam,Switch and Console version
I had to learn that by the hard way of course 😔...
Post automatically merged:

I had to learn that by the hard way of course 😔...
Adding to that, when buying Sonic Lost World (if anyone even plays that crap) you can mod the Steam version to have the Wii U exclusive without needing the modless Wii U version.

It's not that easy, because Nintendo doesn't allow for Bluetooth and the use of other controllers that were not made by them. Therefore, you are wrong here, unless you find a way to do so.
Alright, quick thing, I have a bluetooth controller FOR a switch, and it works just fine. Nothing wrong has happened. Therefore, this may not be FULLY correct, but that's just my opinion.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back