Just a few character ideas i thought might be neat for SRB2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ryu/Ken in SRB2 sounds cool, but how are ya gonna implement the fighting game input commands?

Ryu/Ken in SRB2 sounds cool, but how are ya gonna implement the fighting game input commands?
I think the custom buttons will have to be used. I don't know much about ryu and ken's moveset, but I guess the custom buttons could be the punch/kick inputs, custom 1 the weak, 2 the medium and 3 the heavy. You could hold the spin button to alternate between kicks and punches. For example: shift + custom 1 = weak kick/ custom 1 alone = weak punch. Or spin could change the state of the moves. For example: when the stage is loaded the character will be set to punching, if the player presses the spin button the character is now set for kicks.

I guess the best way to make special moves would be to press a set combinations of buttons, just like in the street fighter games.

yea I was thinking of something similar, here's how I would probably do it:

Fire: Low punch
Fire Normal: Medium punch
Toss Flag: heavy Punch
Custom 1: light Kick
Custom 2: Medium kick
Custom 3: Heavy Kick

the special move inputs would have to be changed to accommodate SRB2's gameplay.

We don't do "idea" threads here, for reasons explained in our rules.

If you want to try making any of these yourself, you're welcome to try to. The Wiki is a good place to start for information. If you're just throwing these out in the hopes that someone will make these for you, then sorry, full character mods don't get made off of stray requests. They take a LOT of work to make, and nobody will do that for no reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back