Invalid Jumping over Brak Eggman's head: near impossible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sergeant Brown

An Eggman Fan
Now here's something that got me stumbled ever since I've gotten back into SRB2. The Brak Eggman fight.

"The first way is to get him to use his melee attack, and then dodge it; he'll hit himself instead. Sonic and Tails will be able to get over his head at the peak of their jump if he's on the center platform and you jump from an outer one."

Source: SRB2 Wiki​
Of course, I of all people knew this already, problem is a lot of times that one strategy went horribly wrong. Like seriously, I am Sonic, I jump at my highest peak into its head and I get hit (dieing on my way down). What just happened here? I should be able to get past the head, but instead I get hit because I hit the chest or the top of the arms even though I am at the peak of the jump.

I really don't know how did this even got to happen. Like, did you shrink the amount of space required to stand on its head, cause I gotta have Brak Eggman to be facing directly at me to consider jumping, but even so that isn't 100% sure, as I also get hit while he's facing me.

Also, is it normal that neither me nor the ring are scaled down in the fight?

Last edited by a moderator:
Release the forward button after you've jumped. Otherwise, you reach your peak height too late and get hit.

Huh. It kinda worked. But ya know, they should expect you to hold the forward button to get past the head, not releasing it in mid-air :/

I think changes made between 2.0.4 and 2.0.6 made it more difficult to jump on his head.

I haven't played ERZ3 since umm, maybe the beta? At any rate, throttling your jump by changing how much you hold forward to change your jump distance and trajectory is an essential skill in SRB2 as a platformer. If the jump takes you too low, then try to judge how much forward thrust and when to use to clear the distance and go high enough.

Anything that requires precision jumping tests how well you balance up vs forward, jump strength (to hop or to bound?) along with midair control, and followthrough (ie: backpedaling to compensate for inertia, or immediately jumping again).

You need to be able to show good judgment consistently to complete the last special stage and ERZ throws a curveball with the gravity. By then, even if its still difficult, it should instinctively make sense.

EDIT: If I remember correctly, the position of Brak on the center platform makes a huge difference. I don't think you can even clear his head at all if he's further back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back