Japanese or American soundtrack : a question for Sonic CD fans

No way! The American OST is cweepy.. especially when you fight a boss...

When you fight a boss with the Japanese OST on, you’re encouraged to defeat the boss!

Getting encouraged to fight a boss is a lot better than..

..being jumpscared into putting the game on a shelf for a long time!
fair.
Post automatically merged:

I would say JP, since it feels a lot more 'Sonic' than the US soundtrack.
But the US ver. has some good songs too.

japan ost as there is 3 of my favourite sonic tunes

stardust speedway: bad future
palmtree panic: good future
metallic madness: present / mania remix

but i like american ost for
SONIC BOOM!

The title says the question but I gotta awenser it too.
I think I'm more interested in the American soundtrack.

scd-misc-animationsimg3.jpg

Now yes not all of the American songs are good (and it's primarily a surtant boss theme that isn't good but would be good 25 days ago of the posting of this thread) and the Japanese soundtrack is consistently kinda good but you can't tell me that you don't jam out to the American version of quartz quadrant (present).

So that's the soundtrack I prefer and why I prefer it.

Welp let's get the discussion going.
i freaking love both because they give me a liminal aura i can't explain, but the US one is more my style

I would'nt say that,

No way! The American OST is cweepy.. especially when you fight a boss...

When you fight a boss with the Japanese OST on, you’re encouraged to defeat the boss!

Getting encouraged to fight a boss is a lot better than..

..being jumpscared into putting the game on a shelf for a long time!
I don't think its supposed to make you desencouraged to fight the boss, just a reminder that it doens't matter how strong you are, death is a thing that can happen randomly, like what you get during launching a coin and seeing which side you got. You can win and save the world from a dark fate, defeat the enemy but still losing everyone you love, dodge a land's fate from the arrow of evil but not being able to wake up to see it, or all hope being lost along with your life.

(I hope this doens't end as a copypasta lmao)

I would'nt say that,

I don't think its supposed to make you desencouraged to fight the boss, just a reminder that it doens't matter how strong you are, death is a thing that can happen randomly, like what you get during launching a coin and seeing which side you got. You can win and save the world from a dark fate, defeat the enemy but still losing everyone you love, dodge a land's fate from the arrow of evil but not being able to wake up to see it, or all hope being lost along with your life.

(I hope this doens't end as a copypasta lmao)
Yeah, you could say that the "Nilsen Boss" music is telling you death can happen randomly. I too have another theory! My other theory is that the "Nilsen Boss" music is telling you "Robotnik is winning! There's nothin' you can do to defeat our eggy emperor! All hail Robotnik! All hail Robotnik!".. in direct contrast to the "Hataya Boss" music, where it's telling you "Sonic is winning! You can kick Eggman's butt to the sky! Go go, Sonic! Go go, Sonic!".

Both are good but i prefer the japanese OST,the american ost is more punk and rock,that's what the compositor of american ost had in mind the first time that he saw the sonic design,the japanese is more funky and pop,is very fast and very good,but both are really good👌

japan ost is generally better but nothing in it is as iconic as sonic boom. sonic warrior just sounds more silly than anything if you ask me and sonic boom fits the animation better. i think i like the us version of collision chaos better too. very atmospheric. and i just freakin LOVE the us boss music and how much it creeps zoomers out lel. i love the idea of robotnik having more of an evil presence, which is especially appropriate for the whole bad future ecological theme. meanwhile japan ver is just goofy clown music in a game that actually has kinda serious subject matter. not to mention stardust speedway bad future actually fits the metal sonic race as well. i guess my actual opinion is japan ost is better by itself, us is better in-game. stupid that there's no unique past music but it's never affected me much since i usually avoid the past in my playthroughs

Last edited:
I prefer the Japanese OST, but the American OST does have some good wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am-get-on-the-floor-and-jams.

La de Japón ya que la versión americana cuando peleas con eggman es muy fea y no queda queda para algo misterioso

Japanese one because if you try listening it...
YOU CAN DO ANYTHING 🤣🤣🤣

I like and japanese and American soundtrack!

But i'll most love japanese
He most funny speed and just cool!

So American ost...
Good.
If we are talking about sonic.exe ( U wU)

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back