Jack Thompson disbarred

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jazz said:
Its about time.

Yeah. While I also am against rated-M games and stuff, I am not LOL COUNTARSTRYK TOTALEE CAUSED VIRGINYA TEK SHUUTEENG. Counterstrike does not make a person evil beyond their control, kthxbai. And LOL DON'T PROMOET WII CUZ IT HAZ MANHUNT TWO! That's retarded. The game shouldn't have been made, but that doesn't mean that the Wii is evil, now is it?

Yay, now I can play TF2 and CS:S without worrying that my games will be banned by some video game troll.

But really, it's 'bout time.

What really gets me against Jack Thompson is not how he feels about violent video games (I share some of his opinions to a lesser extent), it's the dang accusations, overreactions, and unneeded hatred. That, and the fact that he tries to sue companies for doing something that's not illegal.

I whole heartedly agree with SRB2WikiSonicMaster, it doesn't make any sense to me why he'd want to attack video games alone, isn't he worried people will just go elsewhere for that kinda content? Even if he managed to get graphic and violent content banned in video games, people will just go to another entertainment medium to get their useless content, like comics, TV, novels or go watch movies like 300. Banning adult or violent content in video in games because 'they're evil' or 'murder sims' isn't enough, you'd probably want to attack the entire entertainment industry, not just music or games, as one PG-13 Hollywood blockbuster is usually far more 'evil' than most video games combined. This is an impossible battle, obviously. :P

Actually, video games have killed people. Some Korean dude got a heart attack for playing video games 50 hours straight. OK, so that's a different situation.

Sonic Shadow said:
Chaos Knux said:
Violent video games don't cause violence. They provide a safe, non-lethal release of aggression.
Jazz said:
Its about time.
QFT
Yes they cause, just like anything violent.
It's just the fact that a minority gets majorly affected by them.[/quote

No, they don't. The only thing that causes violence is the person that gets violent. Just because you play an M-rated game doesn't mean it's going to get into your head and force you to kill people. It's the people that are stupid enough to do it in real life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back