I've always wondered

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've always wondered, how did sonic team junior ever get permission from Sega to make srb2 and srb1? Also, where did the whole idea get started. There may be another thread asking for these questions, but I though it would be a good idea to respark this conversation.

I've always wondered, how did sonic team junior ever get permission from Sega to make srb2 and srb1?

They didn't you don't need permission to make fan games as long as you credit them and don't make a profit.

Also, where did the whole idea get started.
Weird I could of sworn it was how Srb got started was on the website.
Anyway, since I can't find it.

It all started in Eggman land England, a boy named John Wallbank (IIRC) was teased at school or something about liking Sonic. So armed with only ms paint and Klik and play he made a fan game named Sonic the hedgehog Robo Blast! Although the story was bad, the sprites were horrendous ,
distasteful mid music,and worse of all the killing dead bug!! (No offense Johnny) Anyway, since sonic fans dote sonic fan games no matter what it is. It was somehow popular. This is how SRB1 started. (IIRC)

Srb2 started by John making another srb game and meet this guy named SSNTails. SSNtails liked the game Srb2 but hated the sprites for it. So he made sprites and stuff. The plans for Srb2 was too limited to do for klik and play. So they moved to Doom. The End

There may be another thread asking for these questions, but I though it would be a good idea to respark this conversation.
"SRB2 Discussion
This forum is for the discussion of Sonic Robo Blast 2."

I think you're good.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back