Issue with multiplayer

Aoz0ra

Possibly the only Crüxshadows fan here
⁘ My issues: ⁘
Sometimes I cannot connect to multiplayer games unless I switch out of my main Wi-Fi connection. All I get is either ‘Downloading [addon]...’ or ‘Downloading game state...’ with no progress, even if it states something other than 0 KB/s.
In addition, players cannot connect to my server whenever I host; I just see them attempt to connect and then get a connection timeout.
I started experiencing this issue after cancelling an addon download started from SRB2.

Edit on 2022-07-12 at 15:21 : This issue does not occur every time. Sometimes it works completely fine, other times I experience what I have described above.

⁘ Testing performed: ⁘

I tried hosting a server on my main Wi-Fi connection, on my main device. I also have a MacBook and just installed SRB2 on it to test and, indeed, it could not connect. I was unable to test the other way around. The issues persist without addons.

I believe these issues could very well be caused by the Wi-Fi router itself, as I have no issues when on either of my two alternate connections.

Edit on 2022-07-12 at 18:36 : I normally play with Classic Sounds, AurumPal, and my own music selections. None of these mods affect my ability to connect to netgames, but I have attempted hosting without them. The issue still was not fixed.

⁘ Other comments: ⁘

I normally play on Uncapped Plus, but have verified that the issues occur on vanilla SRB2 as well.

I have checked both the FAQ and Wiki, but no solution came up.

⁘ Technical info: ⁘
ASUS X555QA running Linux (Ubuntu 22.04 LTS) with vanilla SRB2 from Flatpak and Uncapped Plus built from source.
MacBook Pro running macOS Monterey 12.4 with SRB2 from official downloads.
Main Wi-Fi router from Verizon. Alternate Wi-Fi router from AT&T. Second alternate Wi-Fi router is iPhone 8 hotspot (iOS 15.4).

Edit on 2022-07-13 at 10:07 : Minor corrections and stylistic adjustments.

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back