Is Yuji Naka a hack?

Dang.. So it was that bad? :dramahog:
Honestly, I don’t think it was Naka’s fault. Square forced him to add a story, which is something Naka isn’t familiar with making. He literally had to take time away from developing the game’s mechanics to read a book on how to write a compelling story.

I mean, it unironically kind of is? Just at a glance, Wikipedia's documentation on Sonic X-treme development seems pretty thorough.
Eh. Wikipedia can be a fantastic source of information, but it can also be a terrible one. It depends on the individual articles and how well of a job the moderators of the page are doing to maintain accuracy to truth. As such, it's generally best to use Wikipedia articles as a source only when you have another credible source claiming the same thing.

For the most part though, Wiki doesn't deserve the bad rep that it gets a lot.

Eh. Wikipedia can be a fantastic source of information, but it can also be a terrible one. It depends on the individual articles and how well of a job the moderators of the page are doing to maintain accuracy to truth. As such, it's generally best to use Wikipedia articles as a source only when you have another credible source claiming the same thing.

For the most part though, Wiki doesn't deserve the bad rep that it gets a lot.
Of course I'm not saying Wikipedia should be treated as academic, but they *really* have their shit together when it comes to quality control, and most articles are thoroughly sourced. The reason you go to Wikipedia for anything is to get a general understanding of a topic, which they're usually pretty damn good at.

Why do most people never focus on whether the linked sources them selves are good or not in individual wiki articles, its always just " Wikipedia bad". If the page read had no sources at all, then yeah, it's obviously just hearsay in the form of "objective information" but I've found sources on things by looking up articles I'd know would reference it in a trivia section or something and then clicking the source link.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back