Is this good idea for my mod?

Powershows

Hey guys, Creator of Blue Streak here, and I've had some ideas to my project I might need help with, so I was experimenting with Lua and got invincibility stars to spawn on the player with power sneakers as equipped! Then that made me think about hyper mode from Sonic the Fighters, and that I made me want to remake the mod into a Sonic The Fighters inspired mod because everyone in the game is featured in the Sonic the Fighters. So I first things first! I have a small beta for hyper mode, where it removes the shield and grants you some power sneakers and spawns invincibility stars.(which I don't know how to keep that on the player as of now) which I would like to make that remove 20 rings.(Shown in clip 1) I've added a custom ability to allow the player to spawn a yellow spring when hyper, (and a blue spring when normal) which I made myself! I would like to take 10 rings from the player each time it's activated because I also have the Radius Attack function on it. Next thing I have in mind is emerald dive (shown at the end of clip 2) Now I have no idea how to import emerald dive. I thinking about making it similar to silver's Psycho Boost boost, but it doesn't require, ya know, the Telekinesis! I'm not asking anyone to make this, I'm just asking if anyone would know how to help me make this into something real. I'm trying on my end, but it's harder to learn than others, heh.. if anyone wants to say thoughts or has any idea how to help with some of my ideas, feel free to comment or something.

Attachments

• lv_0_20240502082601.gif
    lv_0_20240502082601.gif
    6.1 MB · Views: 62
  • lv_0_20240508214646.gif
    lv_0_20240508214646.gif
    2.1 MB · Views: 88
Wouldn't that be you know, TOO overpowered, it's literally a nerfed Super Form, it might be better if it took 2 rings per second or you need a certain amount of badnik kills to activate it.

It's a cool idea, but it won't mesh with SRB2's game design.
Hyper Mode is good in STF because it takes away a barrier; a resource you have very few of that helps you defend yourself, but by default is a thing you can only regain at the beginning of a fight.

Rings in SRB2 are plentiful and easy to regain and thus aren't as valuable as barriers. Take this as you will.

I can definitely make it that it takes 30 seconds to activate or50 rings or something like that
Post automatically merged:

It's a cool idea, but it won't mesh with SRB2's game design.
Hyper Mode is good in STF because it takes away a barrier; a resource you have very few of that helps you defend yourself, but by default is a thing you can only regain at the beginning of a fight.

Rings in SRB2 are plentiful and easy to regain and thus aren't as valuable as barriers. Take this as you will.
Then how about I add some abilities exclusively to hyper mode making the player want it! So instead of it being a toned down super, I can just have it give the player more abilities from StF and just spawn a player ghost and invincibility stars to it! That could work well I think

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back