Is it possible to host a server via a third party?

SeriousPan

Hey, sorry if this has been addressed or if it's incredibly obvious.

I'd like to host a server for my friends and I to play on. Unfortunately I live in Australia and they're all scattered around Europe and Canada. I'd like to get a third party to host a server for us so we can play with the mods we like and the such but I'm not sure if;
A) That's something Robo Blast 2 Kart supports
and
B) If there are providers that actually support it.

If anyone has the time, could you point me in the right direction? Much appreciated.

I have no experience in the matter myself, but I know TyroneSama uses and recommends https://www.vultr.com, which actually hosts one of his dedicated Kart servers. It is a paid service, but the price is more than fair, and I don't think there are any SRB2-viable options for remote server hosting that aren't paid.

Alternatively you could just... have one of said friends host instead? I take it you've probably considered that already, though.

Sorry, I did indeed mean a paid service. I'll look at vultr, thank you very much! Hopefully it's not too painful to get a server running with it. I'm not the greatest with this kind of stuff. :P

Last edited:
There was some talk of partnering with The Sentinel's Playground to offer a free service kinda like that, but I haven't heard much about it recently.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back