Is it possible to disable thok in a level?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chengi

I like your attitude!
Kart Krew™️
I'm trying to make a level like a classic Sonic game, (Sth 1, 2, 3&K) and I'm wondering if it's possible to disable thok. Is it?

As far as I know, you can't disable thok in a level. However, you could make a level that includes a character WAD that looks like Sonic but has thokking disabled, then set the level so that it forces the skin.

If you are making a single level with no unlockables, you can take away all character abilities by using a linedef executor to run this script:

Code:
Devmode; "charability 1 8"; Devmode

I'm not sure if it needs wait commands or not, but try using that as a base.

The downside? It disables flight and glide, too.

Last edited:
Wait a minute...there IS a way to do what Zanyhead suggested without any effect on Tails or Knuckles. Do the whole run-script thing with the linedef, and then enable the linedef flags NO TAILS and NO KNUCKLES. Then, the linedef executor will only activate if the character is Sonic.

Forcing the game to activate DEVMODE will prevent Emblems from working because it doesn't allow the game to save.

...but couldn't you have the next level run a script to re-load the mod to allow saving again? Also, after checking, that 7 would have to be an 8 to remove ability, 7 would give sonic homing attack, which could also be useful for a SA-type mod.
Also, since this would work for a single level (as it wouldn't need to record data anyway), I may end up using this in the OLDC.

Another option is to give your level the gametype SRB1. This makes the thok and general character speed go much slower, though Flying and Gliding aren't effected iirc.

I'm sure it wouldn't. It doesn't make any sense for creators to be unable to use it if they haven't unlocked it.

SRB1 mode doesn't make you jump any higher, or at least it shouldn't. I would only recommend it for 2d mode levels, but it can be used in 3d.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back