Is it possible to create mods in srb2 using the cell phone? if yes how?

Sonikato

Trying to make a mod
I would like to know if it is possible to create a mod using only a cell phone could you tell me if yes or no?

Technically yes.
The go-to multitool for this, SLADE, is available on Windows and Linux, but nothing of that kind is available for Android/iOS.

However, since 2.2 you are able to load PK3 files into SRB2. PK3 files are basically zip files but using a special format (that only SLADE can create, but surprisingly all zip programs can retain!).
So if you've got *some* way to get an empty Doom PK3 and something that allows opening it, you can attempt to make a mod the hard way.
(I repeat: Creating a zip file and renaming the extension to PK3 is not enough. It *has* to be created by a Doom tool, or if you can figure out how to hex edit a zip file...)

The game accepts .png graphics, so you can use about anything as an image editor.
The game accepts most audio formats, so you can add music if you figure out how.
Lua/SOC scripts are basically text files, so you can make these with anything that allows text.
Make the things, import them to the PK3, and you should be good to go.

Since you would then be using a mismash of applications, you would probably encounter issues like not being able to order the lumps as you see fit (some zip managers might automatically sort them by name), apps exporting things in formats that SRB2 can't read, and maybe other issues nobody has encountered yet lol.

Technically yes.
The go-to multitool for this, SLADE, is available on Windows and Linux, but nothing of that kind is available for Android/iOS.

However, since 2.2 you are able to load PK3 files into SRB2. PK3 files are basically zip files but using a special format (that only SLADE can create, but surprisingly all zip programs can retain!).
So if you've got *some* way to get an empty Doom PK3 and something that allows opening it, you can attempt to make a mod the hard way.
(I repeat: Creating a zip file and renaming the extension to PK3 is not enough. It *has* to be created by a Doom tool, or if you can figure out how to hex edit a zip file...)

The game accepts .png graphics, so you can use about anything as an image editor.
The game accepts most audio formats, so you can add music if you figure out how.
Lua/SOC scripts are basically text files, so you can make these with anything that allows text.
Make the things, import them to the PK3, and you should be good to go.

Since you would then be using a mismash of applications, you would probably encounter issues like not being able to order the lumps as you see fit (some zip managers might automatically sort them by name), apps exporting things in formats that SRB2 can't read, and maybe other issues nobody has encountered yet lol.
Ok thanks

What?
Lua scripts are just text files interpreted by a software.
All you need is a text editor. That's it. Now you can make Lua scripts.

Making mods with a phone is not impossible. Just annoying without the right tools.
yea i did do it, but without a proper keyboard it, really didnt work out in terms of speed.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back