Is asking to make sprites for custom characters bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know you can't ask people to make WAD files for you, but is asking people to make sprites for a custom character just as bad? Because I want to make a custom character, and, in fairness to my drawing skills, there are more artistic chimpanzees.

I just want to know before I ask and possibly get myself banned.

Technically, asking someone to make sprites for you is almost exactly the same thing as asking someone to just make the character wad for you.

It would be one thing if you wanted someone to, say, make custom textures and flats for a level, since you could have one person make the custom graphics and the other person build the level itself. Thus, there is enough work to keep two people busy.

But, since almost all the work of a character wad goes into the sprites, and you ask for someone to make them for you, the person making the sprites is doing 90% of the work. In which case, its their character and they might as well release it for themselves.

Ok, I just wanted to know, so I wouldn't get myself banned.

But, how am I going to make custom characters? I can't draw worth Jack Squat, and the people here will hate me if I do a recolor...

PSI Hedgehog Chris said:
Ok, I just wanted to know, so I wouldn't get myself banned.

But, how am I going to make custom characters? I can't draw worth Jack Squat, and the people here will hate me if I do a recolor...

Dot man!

PSI Hedgehog Chris said:

This is the same reason why I will never make a character wad. Lack of drawing skill for the loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back