Ipod Killer

Status
Not open for further replies.

StarBlazer

For the lulz
This new Music/Video/Picture player came out this November and I was wondering if anyone was interested. I personally think that it is better than the Ipod. It's called the Zune. Here is some info on it.

Size and Weight

4.4 in. x 2.4 in. x 0.6 in. (h x w x d)

Weight: 5.6 ounces

Battery

Music, up to 14 hours (wireless off), up to 13 hours (wireless on); pictures, up to 4 hours; video, up to 4 hours

Charge Time: 3 hours; 2 hours to 90%

Display

Size: 3.0 inches

Orientation: Vertical and Horizontal

Resolution: 320 x 240 pixels

Audio

Windows Media® Audio Standard (.wma): Up to 320 Kbps, CBR and VBR, up to 48-kHz sample rate

MP3 (.mp3): Up to 320 Kbps, CBR and VBR, up to 48-kHz sample rate

AAC (.mp4, .m4a, .m4b, .mov): Up to 320 Kbps, Low Complexity (LC), up to 48-kHz sample rate

Pictures

JPEG (.jpg): All resolutions (desktop software will automatically convert to 640x480 at sync time)

Video

Windows Media Video (.wmv): Main Profile, CBR or VBR, up to 1.5 Mbps peak video bitrate, 320 x 240 pixels, 30 frames per sec., with Windows Media Audio up to 192 Kbps, 44.1 kHz, stereo audio; Simple Profile, CBR, up to 736 Kbps video bitrate, 320 x 240 pixels, 30 frames per sec., with Windows Media Audio up to 192 Kbps, 44.1 kHz, stereo audio.

Wireless

Connectivity: 802.11 b/g

Range: Up to 30 feet

Language

English

What do you think?

That's nice.

Also, I don't think I even leave my iPod charging for less than 30 mins, and it gets changed in an instant. I've tried it more than once by leaving my battery totally empty. Yet another win again.

Chaos Zero 64 said:
That's nice.

Also, I don't think I even leave my iPod charging for less than 30 mins, and it gets changed in an instant.
Pfft. My phone does that. I plug it in for half a second, unplug it. It says "Full battery!?!111one"

Quite simply, iPod is the industry standard. We already have a third-generation iPod, a few Minis, and a first-generation Shuffle. While I'm not into iTunes anymore, Winamp does seem to have iPod support. Haven't tried it though.

Frankly, I hate iPods for one simple reason: I hate QuickTime. Incredibly and unabashedly passionately hate the browser- and filetype-hogging piece of shit. iPods are associated with iTunes which is associated with QuickTime, so the hatred just passes right along.

And the Shuffle? Absolute bullcrap, you'd get the same thing with a normal iPod with a Post-It over the screen.

Shadow Hog said:
iPods are associated with iTunes which is associated with QuickTime,

That's one of the reasons I don't use iTunes anymore. And the Shuffle does suck, don't know why my dad bought one. It really looks more like a hospital device with the way the green light shines through the plastic. Glad they did a redesign. Still, if I wanted my own iPod, I would go and get a real one, not a Shuffle.

My question is that why do people think that other iPod-killers are gonna win?
What traits that are already on a iPod and the i-killer, make the killer better?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back