Introduce Yourself!

42+ yr old Sonic fan here from Missouri. You might remember me from such hits like Archie Comic's Sonic Live Special #1 in the fan art section, or Sega Channel's digital spotlight in 1997 with a Vectorman art, or even Tips & Tricks Magazine Nov 1996 fan art section.

Others may remember me from the SegaNet, Sonic Adventure rankings, ChuChu Rocket and Phantasy Star Online, or SONICR's World of Darkness, with it's VMU file collection.

Hmmm..back at doing my introductionary
for yet another time. But, 3rd time's the charm!

(A smaller introduction is on my profile)

My name is RedSRB2, the one who you may have seen in various Off-Topic Hangout threads. I am a S3AIR modder, SRB2 Guide maker and an emulation enthusiast.
A lot of things have changed from my last post which was half a year ago. Time flies, man:blink:
I won't list what's changed, just things some things about me.

-------------------------------------
LOCATION & BEGGININGS
I am coming from South Europe, the region where sea in front of your country's nose (No, I'm not Italian). It all began in November 2021, when I started playing SRB2Ware on my 2017 potato phone. I then realised I could be so much more than I am (by that point of time), so it was decided by my hand to expand the general identity and show it to the public of fast blue hedgehogs & fat human scientists.

-------------------------------------
PERSONALLITY & HOBIES
I am usually quite in a cheerful mood, now that the short Easter holidays are gonna start. Other than that, I am a bit enthusiastic about franchises I care about the most. Obviously, God goes to the 1st Place, and not some virtual life simulator called Sims 4.

For hobies, I started my remaking 6-Year Old diary (which is a notebook made to promote I-Ninja, a game on PS2) by including much better handwriting and remaking the drawings. I also learn Japanese throughT Duolingo, with a causual day streak of 30 (1 lesson a day somehow teached me more than 2 longer German classes a week).

------------------------------------
FAVORITE STUFF!
Movies: Sonic The Hedgehog (OVA), Rise of The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Movie (Netflix) & Harry Potter and The Philosopher's Stone
Cartoons: Sonic X & The Penguins Of Madagascar
Food: Fried chicken, tortillas & cabbage-balls
Drink: Water & Fanta
Games: Tekken Dark Resurrection (PSP), Mega Man 2 & Another Metroid 2 Remake/AM2R
Books: Diary of a Wimpy Kid Old School & Grandma Thief

========================
That's all, folks!

Oh, I didn't notice this over here!

INTRODUCTION​

Name's Slowpoke! But I go by many names, such as Sloppy, Slop, Gaby.. whatever feels right to you. I LOVE SONIC! I am the most obsessed normal SRB2 fan there is! I've been playing SRB2 ever since 2.1 came out! Ah, the good old times.. yeah, no. I'm not that old.:threat:

ABOUT ME!​

I'm usually a chill, easygoing and friendly boy! I have a few hobbies, drawing, gaming, gardening, eating... EATING. Ahem. I usually look forward to making new friends and acquaintances pretty often! Though, I'm not very smart and I am a bit slow, so please be patient with me...:dramahog:

Also. I don't traffic with Sonic songs or anything like that. Just saying. Wink wink.

Bye Bye!

Last edited:
Screenshot_20240328_000421_Samsung_Internet.png

I figured I wanna make a new one of this exactly ten years to the day, to compare what I was like then versus the now-times. That above was also my 13-year-old-self's first post shortly after registering. Okay this part was written in advance but NO siree bob, I looked back on it and I winced at how unfunny and nerd-emoji my dialogue in that first post was. The only thing I'll reference from it is me saying I wasn't going to be a "sucky-WAD factory", which despite how unnecessarily biting that is, ends up true because... I only published one singular mod (more on that towards this post's bottom), and we use ☆~*PK3s*~☆ now ooooo wooow lol

I now go by Lliteqiel ꙮ, which is a moniker that's heaps more unique than the Cheezburger-esque memeage from 2010 that originally inspired "katwover123", lolspeak for "cat lover". I was mad big on things like... WALL•E, back then, even to this day; why I couldn't think of anything I liked to make a username out of and instead just tried to fit in with a site that churns out funny fauna photos with Impact font captions applied to them and use that as my username for almost a decade, I don't know.

As far as my specific interests - there's WALL•E like I mentioned, but a whole variety of other media, like some parcels of Sonic, Pokémon, whatnot. Particularly it's the things in those franchises like the badniks
Knuckles' Chaotix Techno Tower Badnik 2  ∕  Blitz
/other robots and "weird" and "not cutesy" Pokémon designs respectively that I get the most enjoyment out of. The Magnemite line, Sandy Shocks, the Ultra Beasts, the Regis, many individual other ones such as Starmie, Unown, Shedinja, Claydol, Porygon-Z, Sigilyph, Dhelmise, and (Eternamax) Eternatus are some examples of stand-out personal favorites that I'm happy exist. Miscellaneous other series that hit a lot of marks for me off the top of my head or just be something I would actively seek out the most include Lilo & Stitch, Beetlejuice, Zula Patrol... hey I mean, you can't not find talking planets some level of enthralling when you're young. Memories of the first few years of being given my HP Windows 7 laptop had consisted of playing countless hours of games like Wizard101, Marble Blast Gold, and Spore, which not only by my willpower (aka multiple fixes and trips to the computer repair store) but in addendum by some higher-dimensional blessing, uhm, is still kicking today.

It's thanks to the Ultra Beasts that lead to and helped me find my preferences in scary and "gross" creature designs in other media, such as the Angels in Evangelion, cosmic horror à la the Cthulhu Mythos; plus anything with machines and robotics and futuristic mechanical cybernetic mutants SYNONYMS GALORE I am sure to deem as "cool" if you send it my way. In terms of real-life "non"fiction, equivalents in this vein would be my fondness of the stories about cryptids and bizarre entities, alleged alien claims, and """biblically-accurate""" angels, the eye-ful eldritch fellas that like to utter "Be Not Afraid" a bunch, although I would go along with dubbing them Ezekielian angels instead to help please the most amount of adherents to Afro-Eurasian-borne religions at once.

Probably no surprise if I say my IRL favorite animals are ones like horseshoe crabs, pill bugs, mantis shrimp, cuttlefish, olms, and lots of other charming species both extant and extinct in the Animalia kingdom with kooky and unique biology. I highly recommend by the way for anyone to catch episodes of "(Animal Planet's) The Most Extreme", that show was one of the most all-around enticing sources of learning about animal qualities to me, ever.

Activities like hiking, visiting notable landmarks, and swimming are some awesome ways for passing the time and enjoying myself offline. There were a lot of hiking opportunities where I used to live, Pennsylvania... can't really claim the same for the Sunshine State.

I'm also heavily interested in astronomy and outer space, practically since I was very little, as well as geography and chemistry and many related (Earth) science topics. To this day I still have many of the same pieces of astronomy software on my aforementioned undead laptop basically ever since I had it, like 3D screensavers of the solar system, "MPL3D", as well as Celestia, a program that simulates space in real-time and has its own addons website I used to visit fairly frequently, not unlike SRB2 in a way!

If you were to ask me about songs I really crave listening to that I would say are audible "examples" of my varied quirks and personality, if "I" was in the form of music, in other terminology thatprobablystrugglestomakesense, then here's a couple or several:
Testube · Bioplaza ♫♫

Tryad · the final rewind ♪ ♫ ♫

♫ ♫
Billy Idol · White Wedding ♪ ♫

Skrillex · First Of The Year ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪

David Bowie · Space Oddity ♪ ♫♪

Animusic · Harmonic Voltage ♫♪

Jeff Wayne · Thunder Child (Apparently now I have an especially hard-to-find version that includes this beginning part, which I love how contrasting it is with the rest of the song... so this ends up being an attached MP3 I luckily had saved beforehand. However, shoutouts to this version I found while in the process of constructing this post, it positively rocks in fact)
artworks-Nbc6MauPD5j9-0-t500x500.jpg

Haruomi Hosono (+2 more) · Reggae Aegean Woman

Kelley Polar · Sea of Sine Waves ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪

Charanjit Singh · Raga Bhairav (the first in the 1982(!) album "Ten Ragas to a Disco Beat")

I don't know the actual song details here but for what this video is about, it has some kinda unexpectedly insane music?:

Same with this:

A Silver Mt. Zion · 13 Angels Standing Guard 'round the Side of Your Bed

Paul Hardcastle · Pulse of the Universe

The J. Geils Band · Come Back

Dream Theater · On the Backs of Angels

and half-seriously, any song from this site https://biptunia.com

et cetera you get the gist, that should more than cover it??

I was a member of my middle & high schools' choirs too! Probably am slightly out of practice when I've been 6 years-ish away from it and counting; one of the only fun things from school I miss sincerely. I know Christmas is tucked far away from being on anybody's minds this time of the year, but I actually appear somewhere in this combined orchestra + ice-skating event in 2016, multiple school choirs of the region joining in the back.

Speaking of music, I don't know what else to mention beyond an advertisement of my single noteworthy contribution to SRB2 modding which is New MP Music for 2.1 — essentially a project I did of me giving new life to MIDI compositions of a certain lesser-known past STJr venture, previously composed by one of the former music developers, these of which didn't get featured in the vanilla Robo Blast 2, ergo they hadn't received spruced-up Ogg treatment like some others already in the game. Some of the remastered songs here are also featured in the 2.2 port of the Blue Heaven map pack, and as a result I'm glad they've gained more reach outside of just the admittedly-obscure music mod by moi.

Oh and I guess I admit my actual SRB2/Kart-playering is few and far between these days. Causative factors such as the godsawfulness that is called "real life" tends to interrupt video game-playing when it's not wanted

Finally, here is how you pronounce my username. Thankedings for ogling at my wordage!​

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back