INSTALLING the new SRB2DB config file...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fawfulfan

The Tortured Planet guy
How do I install the new config file on SRB2DB? It's been a while, and I've forgotten how.

First, follow these instructions:

Torgo said:
Okay here is what you do to fix it. Open the file in notepad, or something similar, and press ctrl + F.

After that, look for 1003, you should see something like
Code:
title = Green Coral";

Change that line of code to
Code:
title = "Green Coral";
, and you should be good to go.
And just stick it in your SRB2DB folder and the config should appear below 1.09 as 1.1.

Eblo said:
And just stick it in your SRB2DB folder and the config should appear below 1.09 as 1.1.
Worked with no crash. But...... My SRB2DB still uses the same effect list as 1.09.4. Almost all things, linedef effects ans sectors effects are known or messed up.

I got it to work:

INSTALLING THE NEW CONFIG

1) Download the new SRB2DB config file here: http://www.srb2.org/mb/viewtopic.php?t=18215

2) Move it to SRB2DB folder.

3) Open SRB2DB.

4) Now, you must go into Tools -> Configuration to set an IWAD for Sonic Robo Blast 2 v1.1 (obviously your IWAD will be srb2.srb of your SRB2 2.0.1).

SRB2DB_IWAD.jpg

Then it will be installed.

5) When you create or open a new map, you must remember to select Sonic Robo Blast v1.1 from the drop-down list.

I'll put my post here in this topic as well, for convenience.

Copy it to your SRB2DB folder. However, you must go into Tools -> Configuration to set an IWAD. Then it will be installed.

When you create or open a new map, you must remember to select Sonic Robo Blast v1.1 from the drop-down list.

:SonicMaster: said:
When you create or open a new map, you must remember to select Sonic Robo Blast v1.1 from the drop-down list.

WORKED! Thanks SonicMaster.

EDIT: Just for fun.

Mill Citadel 2 exploded SRB2DB! I hadn't converted it yet.

(curiosity killed the cat)

Thanks SM.

His post should really be quoted in shadowhog's post, if only to prevent more help topics...

I posted a step-by-step tutorial explaining how to install the new config. See above.

(fawfulman, feel free to copypasta it in your post)

(Credits to SonicMaster too)

Ahahaha, wow, I had no idea that even happened to the DB config. I'll ask around and see if that can get fixed on the SVN/Any public source other than the SVN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back