Resource icon

Installing SRB2Kart on Steam Deck (AUR Method)

internetfox

internetfox submitted a new resource:

Installing SRB2Kart on Steam Deck (AUR Method) - A guide for installing SRB2Kart onto SteamOS 3.0 by using scripts from the AUR.

Purpose
This guide will explain how to install SRB2Kart onto a Steam Deck running SteamOS 3.0. This process will involve unlocking the Deck's system partition, setting up the system to build packages, compiling SRB2Kart on the Deck, and finally installing it.

Background
The Steam Deck's operating system, SteamOS 3.0, is based on a highly customizable Linux distribution named Arch Linux. In addition to its extensive set of...

Read more about this resource...

It should be noted that while this will work, the recommended way to install third party apps on stock SteamOS is with flatpaks (usually through Discover in the desktop environment). There are flatpak distributions of both SRB2 and Kart available on flathub that work well on Deck. Flatpak installations should persist through SteamOS updates.

It should be noted that while this will work, the recommended way to install third party apps on stock SteamOS is with flatpaks (usually through Discover in the desktop environment). There are flatpak distributions of both SRB2 and Kart available on flathub that work well on Deck. Flatpak installations should persist through SteamOS updates.
The ABS/pacman strategy was my go-to method for installing this simply because I have much more experience with Arch's first-party tools than with Flatpak, thus didn't realize that such a distribution of the game existed. If that method works, then perhaps this guide should just be removed. I would not want to promote something this complicated and risky in the face of a safer, more convenient method.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back