In Race - Tagging Starposts and Next Lap Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Starposts:
How do I make the starposts activate right cause I cannot do it right, when you activate 1 all of them activate.

Next Lap:
How do I make the next lap activate right cause I cannot do it right, when you touch it you automadicly get a lap in .35 seconds.

To get star posts to work for me i had to give them flag value 0, then 1, then 2, and so in in the order which the players meet it after starting the race

Donovan the hedgehog said:
Starposts:
How do I make the starposts activate right cause I cannot do it right, when you activate 1 all of them activate.

Next Lap:
How do I make the next lap activate right cause I cannot do it right, when you touch it you automadicly get a lap in .35 seconds.
1:Make the starposts with flag 0,1,2,3,4,5, Etc.
Flag 0 : Tag 1
Flag 1 : Tag 2
Etc.
2:If there aren't any starposts...You will end automatically.And be sure to put the Circuit:Finish line sector or the lap will not work.
God...We need the Wiki back up.

You don't need any tags for starposts. You was on the right track when you said setting the flag values to 0,1,2 and so on. You have to use the sector effect 993. Be sure to make a sector all around the starpost area so it can be automatically activated.

Superusuario said:
Donovan the hedgehog said:
Starposts:

Next Lap:
1:Make the starposts with flag 0,1,2,3,4,5, Etc.
Flag 0 : Tag 1
Flag 1 : Tag 2
Etc.
2:If there aren't any starposts...You will end automatically.And be sure to put the Circuit:Finish line sector or the lap will not work.
God...We need the Wiki back up.

Man, I have the wiki saved on one of the computers at school. I still haven't gotten my report card yet so the next time I get the chance to go back there, I can copy it from the computer and paste it, but where besides my computer?

Princess Solelias said:
You don't need any tags for starposts. You was on the right track when you said setting the flag values to 0,1,2 and so on. You have to use the sector effect 993. Be sure to make a sector all around the starpost area so it can be automatically activated.
Yes you do, Only for race...You need to make them in the exact order.

Superusuario said:
Princess Solelias said:
Nope, only the flag values need to be 0,1,2,etc, the rest with a star post on that sector needs to be the star post activator sector effect

Silent_Snipe said:
Superusuario said:
Princess Solelias said:
Nope, only the flag values need to be 0,1,2,etc, the rest with a star post on that sector needs to be the star post activator sector effect with the same tag as the starpost.

Fixed.
Example:
I put a starpost with a flag of 0.
I put a starpost activator where the starpost is and give the sector a tag of 0.

Well, the starpost flag is 43 & the sector tag, right? There may be something about that flag. Try starting at a different number.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back