I'm tired of n00bs on our master server.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You wouldn't have to keep up with it, though. If there are no rules, there's no reason to pay attention to it unless you wanted to play in a hangout, or something.

The way I see it, there's a line that's getting confused on this forum: Newbies and noobs. The newbies are the ones new to the game and want to learn to make characters and stuff. When they post the stuff they want to make, they get shot down because their work isn't up to the rather large standard that's been set for them. This, in a simple way, sucks. Now, noobs are the ones that are generally retarded, like the recently banned 'theonewhoisthebest' or some crap like that. These are the people who need to be shot, murdered and disposed of in the most painful way possible. These people are the ones that you need to be rid of.

Basically, lay off the crits, this is why they're all 'noobs.'

Now, on a more related subject: I think users need to be actually worthy of getting on the Master Server, before they can get on it. IE, they need to be on the forums and they need to be decent members before getting on. This means slacking a bit on the rules.

And then there needs to be a complex system put into place, and no one can use the MS until those criteria are met.

That doesn't really help. More rules = more rule breaking.

Sykotic said:
These are the people who need to be shot, murdered and disposed of in the most painful way possible. These people are the ones that you need to be rid of.
No one should be shot for being stupid. Remember, we all start somewhere.
Just because you're farther along than someone else doesn't give you the right to intentionally harm them, much less end their life.

And if you meant that as a joke, I'm sorry, but that was a terribly unfunny joke, due to the seriousness of what you're actually saying.

Of course it wasn't literal. It would be amusing, though.

Obviously everyone starts somewhere. The twits that refuse to move on are what we need to get rid of.

I had another idea, also. Actually include a hangout gametype (or None, to cover all rule breaking netgames). If it's hosted on the master server, it automatically gets reported. Although I have no idea how that would work, it could durastically decrease the noob count on the MS.

You don't understand. If there's a none gametype, and it's hosted on the Master Server, the person who hosted it would be automatically banned from the MS.

Get it now?

You can't make the game ban someone from the MS. Banning works by adding IP addresses to the MS's hoster's firewall. SRB2 isn't able to do that, and if it is, it would be hacking.

SRB2 -(Gametype Data + IP)-> MS

If gametype = None

MS bans the IP supplied by SRB2

I don't know, I'm just slinging ideas around.

once (last summer) when i was first playing srb2 this person kept on telling me to add a file and scince i was a noob at the time i didnt know how so he told me to varify him again didnt know what that ment so i did what he said and he kicked me....i think either that or my internet played up

super said:
once (last summer) when i was first playing srb2 this person kept on telling me to add a file and scince i was a noob at the time i didnt know how so he told me to varify him again didnt know what that ment so i did what he said and he kicked me....i think either that or my internet played up

You gave him admin access by Verify command, and he added a wad that you haven't. That's why you got kicked (by yourself o.O). If somebody starts telling to you to add a wad, and you don't want that, just ignore him, or just say No. If he starts being annoying, kick or ban him. Just a tip. :)

Ok, I remember last time I joined a CTF server. I told everyone on my team to join blue. 1 vs 5. I kept winning.

<Rival> Good Game guys.
<ROFL> Yeah, your good.
<Blade of Blades> That is my cousin for yah.
<Random> He cheats!
<Rival> Brb guys.
<Rival> Nvm. Wanna go for another round?
<Random> Can I join your team Rival?
<Rival> No......I told you I'm training on you guys.
<Random> Wait? I was just some retarded training dummy?
*Kingpin has left room*
*Blade of Blades changed name to Sword of Swords*
<Rival> Somewhat.....
*Rival is kicked from server*

It was a private room, me and my friends was playing a friendly game until he switched it to CTF.

There was this one guy, ubersonic, who couldn't figure out how to get out of the water in Hydro room. We played a few matches, and since I was winning, he said I was cheating. Then he accused me of hacking because he couldn't kick me. Turns out, he was spelling my name wrong...go figure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back