I'm caught in someone else's ban, need assistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

josq1500

Hi! I've been an SRB2 player for a year now, and I am quite a fan. I have unfortunately not been able to get on to the master server, after trying to open ports, use exterior apps, and almost everything else, I checked the ban list and I am caught in someone else's ban! My IP is
Code:
(It's in there to keep spambots off my computer.) I believe I am caught in this particular ban:

Server Name: sonic_s server
Server IP: 76.216.90.211
Banned IP Range: 76.208.0.1 to 76.255.223.254
Date of ban: Jul 29 2008 3:09:53
Reason: Hangout/Roleplay

but i may also be stuck in this one:

Server Name: halofire!! HAHA
Server IP: 68.20.6.252
Banned IP Range: 68.20.0.1 to 68.23.255.254
Date of ban: Jul 29 2008 2:57:49
Reason: Halofire, 'nuff said.

I HAVE infact searched for help on getting unbanned, the best i got was "contact Logan and Cue." I sent an email to the effect of this post to complaints@ms.srb2.org, I am also PMing Logan with a copy of this post. This topic is in case both of the other routes fail. I think the email already has, it's been three weeks since I sent it. I actually only joined these messageboards for this purpose, I probably won't post anywhere but this topic. Again I ask please unban me!

Server Name: sonic_s server
Server IP: 76.216.90.211
Banned IP Range: 76.208.0.1 to 76.255.223.254
Date of ban: Jul 29 2008 3:09:53
Reason: Hangout/Roleplay

You are indeed caught in that ban. And that's a ridiculously high range to ban. Cue, fix this. :/

The has to be one of the biggest I.P. range bans in the history of ever. Maybe the banned person's I.P. actually changed in that big of a range. I doubt it, but...

I'm also caught in the ban.
Since this topics is getting attention might as well post.

Code:

Silent_Snipe said:
Hey with that ip range they wont be much servers *stabbed by people affected*

Silent_Snipe is now completely infected. Great.

The permanent ban ranges (excluding Armonte's) were imposed by Logan, not myself.

http://ssntails.sepwich.com/mb/viewtopic.php?t=12890&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Halofire had a very annoying habit of his IP changing all over the place, if I recall.

Oh, and Halofire's doesn't even go into the 70s on the first part, so I don't know why you're worrying about it.

Either way, you should both be out of that now.

Silent_Snipe said:
Hey with that ip range they wont be much servers *stabbed by people affected*

You should have seen my original plan, reverse the ban system and unban IPs that have decent servers, keeping everyone else banned from hosting. =P

Cue said:
The permanent ban ranges (excluding Armonte's) were imposed by Logan, not myself.

http://ssntails.sepwich.com/mb/viewtopic.php?t=12890&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Halofire had a very annoying habit of his IP changing all over the place, if I recall.

Oh, and Halofire's doesn't even go into the 70s on the first part, so I don't know why you're worrying about it.

Either way, you should both be out of that now.

Thank you for helping, I actually included that because whatsmyip told me I was in the 60s originally, though I think it was a glitch. It is constantly in the 76s now.

UPDATE:
WTF? Now whatsmyip is saying I'm
Code:
which is mad, how did my IP change TWICE? I'm banned again! I've checked the ban list, there are a lot of servers with IPs beginning with 75, however none appear to actually have me in their range. It isn't just my game, the SRB2MSLauncher isn't working either. I don't have a router, Ive opened both of the necessary ports 5029 and 5030 and I'm still banned. I'm sorry to be so impossible but I still need some help.

josq1500 said:
UPDATE:
WTF? Now whatsmyip is saying I'm
Code:
which is mad, how did my IP change TWICE? I'm banned again! I've checked the ban list, there are a lot of servers with IPs beginning with 75, however none appear to actually have me in their range. It isn't just my game, the SRB2MSLauncher isn't working either. I don't have a router, Ive opened both of the necessary ports 5029 and 5030 and I'm still banned. I'm sorry to be so impossible but I still need some help.

It's called a Dynamic IP, and they change fairly often. I'd post the list of ones I posted from here, but it's rather long. But yeah, a lot of people have these, and they can really be a pain in the ass, sometimes.

is there a workaround? Can I get rid of it? Or do I just have to keep getting unbanned until my comp runs out of IP addresses?

If you changed your Internet provider, that would solve your IP problem, too.

I'll Begin said:
SSNTails said:
If you changed your Internet provider, that would solve your IP problem, too.
Holy crap!

... Captain Obvious figured out SSNTails' password!
XD SSNtails, sometimes its not that simple because some of us are 14 (like myself) , or even younger and we have basically no control over that, that would be a basic way to fix this, or you could go to portforwarding.com (i think thats the site) and set up a Static ip address.

Well within the last 24 hours my IP has changed from the 75.s to the 76.s and now to the 68.s . I'm not going to change my service provider, that would be too big of a pain in the butt for a problem with only ONE GAME. Not that I want to downplay SRB2 but I have currently 6 games on my comp that have multiplayer, none but SRB2 are being hurt by this.

I would sure as heck LIKE to get a fixed IP address, but I'm worried about possible errors it could cause connecting to my ISP. So is the person I'm sharing my computer with. I don't want to @#$% anything up, so please tell me if there are any dangers involved in fixing my IP. (I'm using the fixed IP tutorial for Windows Vista and portforward.com)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back