If you finish the 1st race of a Grand Prix at -20 rings, you lose a life.


Noticed that happening on v2.4 RC1, so tried it on v2.3, then...

(This happens on any race where you finish with -20 rings and the Total Ring value on the "got through round" screen says 0)

ringracers9886.png

Finish race, go past tally and intermission screens, then...
ringracers9887.png

(Continues Used: 0, Lives Left: 2)

The odd thing here is that the "got through round" tally screen does not show a life being lost (it still says 3 there).

This makes it possible to game over on a Special Stage in single player on an unmodded game, yet at the same time, complete the cup with no continues and also clears "no continues" challenges as well.

Not sure if intended or if it's actually a bug.
 
Please report bugs to Kart Krew directly on the Issues section of their Git!
 
Please report bugs to Kart Krew directly on the Issues section of their Git!
I doubt it’s a bug. He mentioned the possibility of it being a bug but I don’t see how it could be a bug because I don’t see why rings would have any factor in getting to proceed outside of this feature being intentional.
 
I doubt it’s a bug. He mentioned the possibility of it being a bug but I don’t see how it could be a bug because I don’t see why rings would have any factor in getting to proceed outside of this feature being intentional.
They made two threads reporting potential bugs so I just wanted to let them know, I doubt the Kart Krew devs check here.
 
Back
Top