I'd like some CONSTRUCTIVE critisism here

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's possible to get onto the bridge without hitting any of the steps, which speeds things up a little. Also, I find it easier to go to the right before the second star-post, rather than take the left-hand route. But then I struggle to get below sixteen seconds, so you probably shouldn't pay me too much attention. :P

Well, thank-you Oogaland, I actually managed to get it 1 second faster with your advice. So, Blue Fox2, What's the fastest you've seen?

Actually, make that 2 seconds faster!

Its possible to cross the water at the beginning without touching the water like you did. Just give the jump some more time. Also, you hitted the bridge once. With a full jump/bounce, you're able to get on the bridge without slowdown. After you crossed the bridge, you took the left path. Thats the slower but safer path. To make good times, you need to take risks, and thok along the the right faster path. Finally, I often saw you running for a moment. If you know you can't thok without slowdown, but you want to keep your speed, spindash as soon as you hit the ground after a thok. Thats called a thokdash. My very record here is 11 seconds, after a 100 tries. I bounced by accident on a enemy, and flew right beside the bridge to the ground. You can use that technique, but it'll be kinda hard to do that when you're going at topspeed.

11 seconds?! I thought the record was twelve! Okay, MAYBE I'll believe that, but come on, I'd like to see proof of SEVEN seconds (or at least less than 10).
In my opinion, the cave is slower than the water route.
Best time: 14 seconds

Shuffle said:
At the very very beginning there's a cave to the left. Take that instead.
Personally, I like to take the creek cut, but I might try that sometime.

I use first person and mouselook; I find it easier to aim where I'm thokking. And I got 14 seconds for GFZ, so meh. =P

Shuffle said:
Just do a full jump to get over the stairs, don't cut it off by trying to thok.
I do that all the time.

At the cramped part, I jump, turn, then thok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back