I try use an addon and now srb2 doesnt want to open

EGOyarzoH

I downloaded an addon of 3d models, but when I changed the thing in the game to change the software to opengl I saw that sonic and tails were not in 3d, I exited the game to investigate more but when I reopened it I couldn't and a pop up came out that said something about SIGSEGV and it does the same every time I try to open it, how do I solve this?

Update: i already solved the problem, thanks, DylanDude for the answer

(sorry if something is grammatically wrong, inglish isnt my first lenguage, i just use the google translator to write this :P)

Last edited:
Try to change de configuration file and put again the Game in software and not in OpenGL,maybe You don't have the OpenGL versión that the Game supports if you use a laptop and not a PC this si the reason, cause the supported versión of OpenGL of the Game Doesn't exist for laptop,i passed for a similar thing

(And don't worry, nothing si bad un the texto cause,no eres el único que no habla del todo bien inglés aquí)

Try to change de configuration file and put again the Game in software and not in OpenGL,maybe You don't have the OpenGL versión that the Game supports if you use a laptop and not a PC this si the reason, cause the supported versión of OpenGL of the Game Doesn't exist for laptop,i passed for a similar thing

(And don't worry, nothing si bad un the texto cause,no eres el único que no habla del todo bien inglés aquí)
Gracias, LeanelXD, It must be because I use a laptop (although I don't know if I would call it a laptop or a computerized potato)

I downloaded an addon of 3d models, but when I changed the thing in the game to change the software to opengl I saw that sonic and tails were not in 3d, I exited the game to investigate more but when I reopened it I couldn't and a pop up came out that said something about SIGSEGV and it does the same every time I try to open it, how do I solve this?

(sorry if something is grammatically wrong, inglish isnt my first lenguage, i just use the google translator to write this :P)
The game is saying "SIGSEGV" every time you open it because your computer cannot run OpenGL mode. You cannot use OpenGL mode. To fix the game crashing, delete the "config.cfg" file in your SRB2 folder. After that, do NOT switch to OpenGL mode again.

On a different note: 3D models are not addons. Do not try to load them like addons, they won't work if you do.

Last edited:
The game is saying "SIGSEGV" every time you open it because your computer cannot run OpenGL mode. You cannot use OpenGL mode. To fix the game crashing, delete the "config.cfg" file in your SRB2 folder. After that, do NOT switch to OpenGL mode again.

On a different note: 3D models are not addons. Do not try to load them like addons, they won't work if you do.
Thanks, Dylan, i will look for that file (and when I referred to the models as addon it was only because I don't know how to call it in another way)

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back