I put on my robe and wizard hat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobinator

My thoughts on your posting
So... lately, I've been really wanting to play a tabletop RPG online, because I've done that a few times before, and now all the games I'm in are mostly dead. I'd also like to one run of one my own, possibly. Has anybody else played a tabletop RPG, and if not, are they interested?

If you've never played one, it's very, very different than say, a forum RPG. There's a rulebook you'll need to study, for one thing, along with dice to see if you can actually do their actions.

I've got a ton of different games with a bunch of different settings, and some are easier to learn than others. Yes, there are tabletop games besides Dungeons & Dragons. That doesn't interest me a whole lot, anyway, because most fantasy just never really gels with me. I can run it if that's what everybody wants, though.

So, what I WANT to run is one of these:
- Savage Worlds: Very fast, very easy to learn, and runs any kind of setting. It's so fast, in fact, most enemies don't have HP, they're just alive, stunned, or dead.
- Mutants & Masterminds - A little tougher to learn than Savage Worlds, but it's a great superhero game. You can make pretty much any superhero, or actually pretty much any fictional character you can think of.

Now, the way this would probably work is this: You'll all join in on IRC, where I'll see if I can have a friend's dice rolling bot join in. If you want, we can all use Skype or Mumble for out-of-character talk, or we can keep it in the channel. There's also certain programs like Maptool and Gametable for this kind of thing, if that works for anybody.

First up, IF anybody's interested in this, we're going to have to think of a day and time for everybody that'd work out. First, though, let me see IF anybody's actually interested. I think this could be pretty fun, if we can get it going. And of course, if anybody has any game suggestions, send 'em my way.

This sounds like fun. It'd probably be difficult to work something like this around my work schedule though.

True, the big problem with this whole thing IS scheduling. We all share different time zones. Still, I'm free most of the time, anyway, and I don't tend to go to bed as early as I should most of the time, so keep that in mind.

You'd probably be very interested in visiting and bugging us in #srb2dnd then. We could always use more players and more GMs, because so far scheduling the ones we have has not been working out. Paranoia's fun too, if you've ever played that. :)

There's the potential that this could happen, and I've been wondering whether I should try and play a tabletop RPG like DND... The schedule is the very issue, though. You can't really drag anyone around. Either you all go, or no one goes. That's of course, what bugs me, as I'm not always online. Still, it seems like a decent concept, and with the right methods, it could work out well, I'm sure.

Honestly, I probably wouldn't run D&D, because I'm not usually big on fantasy. I don't hate it, but it's just that I've played so many fantasy games that do the exact same things that I'm just a little sick of it.

Still, if anybody wants to run it, feel free to go ahead. I might even join up, if I'm not busy with something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back