I need to know how to make a character for 1.08...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why not try reading the tuteral labeled "how to make a chatacter wad" and possably using one of SRB2's built-in characters for an example? :D

Sonic's sprites are the default "PLAY" sprites. Each character wad must have their own sprites like that, but with different names so they don't replace Sonic or anything. Like, for me, I chose "JTE1" :lol: But remember to name your character similerly to the name you give it; I have to be "JTE" now because of that. :roll: Stupid buggy "SPRITE" thing...

O_o Why would you HAVE to be JTE?

Actually, don't use the sprite = entry. It just borks stuff up. Just make sure you have your sprite frames right after the S_SKIN lump.

When I'm "Jason the Echidna" (or, rather, "Jason_the_Echidna"), SRB2 often goes "WTF?! Where are JASO sprites?!" and makes my character a dark red Sonic :|

No duh. So I tried using "Sprite = JTE1", but that just crudded everything up more. :? So... I'm forced to be JTE. That's alright, because "Jason the Echidna" doesn't quite fit in the credits either. Can you please move the "by" to the line with "modified" on it so that I can be "Modified by: | Jason the Echidna" instead of "modified | by Jason the Echidn"? It really sucks to have that last letter cut off... :roll:

Remove the "Sprite = JTE1" and see if it still gives you trouble.

I added that AFTER i tryed it without, in case you weren't listening. Adding something and then removing it again later doesn't help anything; I'm still a flying red Sonic. :roll:

A normal character wad will go like this:
Code:
S_SKIN
SONIA1
SONIA2A8
SONIA3A7
SONIA4A6
SONIA5
SONIB1
SONIB2B8
SONIa1
SONIa2a8
SONIa3a7
SONIa4a6
SONIa5
etc. S_SKIN contains the character's "header", as documented on SRB2.org and the rest are allllllll the sprites, with 8 directions and lettered frames. The second frame letter + direction number is the flipped version of the sprite, so A8 is the same as A2, but flipped. Sorry if I just confuzed the dookie out of anyone... :roll:

So you can see A8 and A2 at any angel.

Edit 1: How do I make the sprites as the frames.
Sorry if this dosen't make senes. :oops:

An Iwad, I think, is what contains all the game data and stuff, in this case it's srb2.srb

srb2.srb is actually a PWAD and so can't be used. I'm playing with the idea of making a fake doom2.wad with SRB2 graphics. I'll tell you if it gets anywhere.

DeePSea will probably whine about missing files or something, though, unless you use DOOM 2's IWAD. Either buy the game (it's only, like, $5, and you don't even have to PLAY it either, just own the IWAD), or go check out FreeDOOM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back