i need to know... (Changing into another idea thread =P)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZarroTsu

Over The Speed Limit
Is there any posable way of slowing down the title screen sky background? I made a new title screen with an island that doesnt move in some water near the bottem. However, the backgroud whips by at a speed that (in reality) would probably smash the little island to pieces =P

So, is there anyway to half or quarter the title-sky-BG speed?

Re: i need to know...

ZTaimat said:
Is there any posable way of slowing down the title screen sky background? I made a new title screen with an island that doesnt move in some water near the bottem. However, the backgroud whips by at a speed that (in reality) would probably smash the little island to pieces =P

Hey, that is an AWESOME idea for a new Maincfg Category SOC variable!

Default is:

TITLESCROLLSPEED = 80

It can be any value from 0 up through 5119. (If you use a higher value it just wraps around).

Every 16 units moves the background by one pixel every 1/35th of a second. Since the default is 80, that means the background normally scrolls 5 pixels every 1/35th of a second.

If you want to scroll the background in the opposite direction, start at 5119 and go downwards from there (you're essentially scrolling it so fast that it appears to be going backwards).

For example, if you want a REALLY slow moving background, try values of 1, 6, 7, 8, etc.

This will work for 1.09.3.

I guess this means no but later. :P Oh well, good to hear about another new feature of this 1.09.3 I keep hearing about.

SSNTails said:
ZTaimat said:

Hey, that is an AWESOME idea for a new Maincfg Category SOC variable!

Default is:

TITLESCROLLSPEED = 80

It can be any value from 0 up through 5119. (If you use a higher value it just wraps around).

Every 16 units moves the background by one pixel every 1/35th of a second. Since the default is 80, that means the background normally scrolls 5 pixels every 1/35th of a second.

If you want to scroll the background in the opposite direction, start at 5119 and go downwards from there (you're essentially scrolling it so fast that it appears to be going backwards).

For example, if you want a REALLY slow moving background, try values of 1, 6, 7, 8, etc.

This will work for 1.09.3.

1) yourwelcome

2) Aww!

...oh well, if i release a demo of my game pack, don't be surprised if the island's get thrown out of the side of the screen =P

another thing I'd like to know, Is there any way to change the text of various unlockables?

for example, maybe I'll set zone 1-1 as map 1, zone 2-1 as map 2, ect.

This would set it up so in the level select option, "GREEN FLOWER ZONE 1" would goto my zone 1, ect.

Is there any way to change the level select text and the NiGHTS/MKB text?

(MKB would be a link to a modified endless abyss zone and NiGHTS would be ..... idk yet =P)

ZTaimat said:
another thing I'd like to know, Is there any way to change the text of various unlockables?

for example, maybe I'll set zone 1-1 as map 1, zone 2-1 as map 2, ect.

This would set it up so in the level select option, "GREEN FLOWER ZONE 1" would goto my zone 1, ect.

Is there any way to change the level select text and the NiGHTS/MKB text?

(MKB would be a link to a modified endless abyss zone and NiGHTS would be ..... idk yet =P)

Nope, but that's another good idea!

Haha, and you won't have to do anything extra special for it. It'll just read the level name.

What i dont understand is why level select and the SP status dont share the same screen. It'd be much easier that way, and sonic advance-ish =P

Okay, then have level select reveal selectable levels after you beat them... if you can =P

Another thought... level select should link to modified levels in external WADs, if labelled with SP. By default, all of the levels in the WAD would open up, unless they use an external .DAT file like Mystic Realm, where you can keep track of what levels are completed or not. (Of course, MR has the Warp Zone, but never you mind.)

Same principle for multiplayer stages, albeit in the multiplayer menu, and you don't need to check for completion or anything funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back