I Need help with my "AMD Athlon XP 2200+ socket 462(A)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a processor 2Ghz for about $25 online, it's used but worked fine. Then, after a few weeks, my PC would go blue complane out of no where about its video adapter. My theroy is its the processor, because now my PC's HDled just stays on when you try to turn it on. No picture ether. This has happened before with a 1 Ghz processor, but thats because I tried it in another PC that uses the same one, but it ruind it. We also had to get a new mother board with the first one, because it explaoded and almost cought on fire :lol: . But all I need to know is, do you think its the processor, or the mother board(the newest one im trying to use). Me and my dad built this PC and our first mother board and processor fried. Right now, it has the 2 Ghz processor in it that I think dosen't work, and a CD-RW dirve DVD Drive, 4 back USB slots, 2 front ones, used to have an nVidia card in it, that just freaked it out even more. Please post something thats helpful, I'm tired of using my brothers crappy eMachiens.

PS: I'll have some pics of it up later

Thanks,
=SF94=

Yes, I purposly double posted.
PICT0753.jpg

(Stupid camera makes everything dark -_-)
PICT0754.jpg

PICT0755.jpg

If there too big, I'll just make them links.(if you post that they are to big is what I'm saying)

*) Make sure the fan on the CPU didn't stop working

*) Replace the Power Supply Unit (PSU)

No, That didn't work. Well, I guess I could try getting another processor on eBay or something, maybe that would work...

XD The same thing happened to my dad's server. The processor was bad. It was the same speed and a AMD athlon, so maybe...

Well, I know (and already did really) now whats wrong... I HATE PC(but all the stuff I do is for PC, and my dad wont get virtual PC for mac so I'm screwed!)

sonicfreak94 said:
Well, I know (and already did really) now whats wrong... I HATE PC(but all the stuff I do is for PC, and my dad wont get virtual PC for mac so I'm screwed!)

When your inexperienced with computers, you will hate it when problems occur. Mac's can have problems too you know.

What you should have done is look on the motherboard for a name and model number and check out the manufactures website and make sure that the processor will work before you try it. You may even have to do a BIOS update as well.

Sonict

Somehow, I have a feeling that the Virtual PC thing would work a thousand times WORSE than it already does.

Sonict said:
sonicfreak94 said:

When your inexperienced with computers, you will hate it when problems occur. Mac's can have problems too you know.

What you should have done is look on the motherboard for a name and model number and check out the manufactures website and make sure that the processor will work before you try it. You may even have to do a BIOS update as well.

Sonict

>_> I have the manual that has everything in it, I made that PC, remember?

Shuffle said:
Somehow, I have a feeling that the Virtual PC thing would work a thousand times WORSE than it already does.

No, I wouldn't say that. New mac's like the iMac G5, can run windows XP, so I would get one of those, partion the HD, and install windows on the second partion... If only I could aford an iMac(I have an old g3 iMac, And i'm posting from my blue and white g3, and my sister has a beige g3, and I also have laying aroun in my room an OLD preforma that dosen't work :roll: )

I don't think you understood what Shuffle was trying to say.

Emulation is not perfect. End of story. What may run correctly on the real thing may have issues on a program that attempts to mimic the behavior of the real thing. Typically, pieces of software such as VirtualPC and WINE have problems running various programs and games. And from what I hear, BootCamp tends to give BSoDs quite often. It is foolish to switch to a Mac or other platform just because you can't deal with simple problems in Windows. Personally, I hardly ever have any problems with my Windows computer. While I sometimes feel that more optimizations could have been made, apart from that, there isn't really anything wrong with it.

Well, I don't want a Mac just because my PC has one problem. I like mac because, there easy to fix, easy to use, idiot proof, Easy to change things, no need to find driver for every little thin you have in it, Easy to get a new hard drive and install on it, reliable, faster operation(I have an old 400 mghz pc and a old biege 400 mghz mac, and guess which one is fast, yep the mac). And there cool looking :lol: . You can even talk to your mac and it dose what you say, unlike pc, you have to install special programs in order to do half the things mac can do very ealsy. And they are very good when it comes to gaming, animation, programming, 3D modeling. And like that mac comercial, you have to contiinuesly alow things to happen because of PC's security problems, and mac has no security problems at all.

And yes, I get what Shuffle said.

Your argument is flawed. First and foremost, you cannot compare different brand processors by the amount of MHz they have (See: Why AMD-MHz don't equal Intel-MHz). A calculator runs at 15 MHz. Does that automatically make it faster than a Sega Genesis? Heck no. There are more deciding factors than just MHz when it comes to processor speeds. Essentially, what you're doing is comparing apples to oranges.

As for what you said about the ease of use, I find it to be quite the opposite. I've worked with OS X before, and believe me, it's a lot more difficult to diagnose problems. The lack of any real visible sophisticated diagnostic tools such as driver viewers simply baffles me. I remember how this one Mac would only boot up into OS 9, and upon a full system recovery, the sound stopped working, and I lost access to various programs.

OS X is not at all idiot proof in the way that anyone can permanently delete a program just by dragging its executable into the Trash. This has happened to me on several occasions, and it is very bothersome. Additionally, what you have said about OS X not requiring the use of drivers is poppycock. For any new piece of hardware you're always going to need a CD to install drivers. That's a fact of computing. And it wasn't until OS X Panther that driver installation became automated.

What you said about OS X being better for animation and programming is debatable, and I know for a fact that it is NOT better for gaming, simply due to the lack of games for it. Remember when it was advertised that Halo would be for the Mac? And the video actually showed it running on a PC? It was never released for the Mac. And voice-commands? Please. They're just a gimmick. They don't actually help you get anything done. They just let you speak a series of pre-defined messages for pre-defined actions that you could do much faster without the need to speak.

And security problems? Of course you're going to have security problems on an operating system that's gone mainstream. With so many programs available, and so much development committed to the Windows platform, it's only inevitable that you'll find things like viruses. That's a fact. Deal with it. It is your responsibility to protect yourself. Going for a Mac to try and avoid these problems just shows that you cannot learn to face them yourself. And remember, OS X gets security updates too, so it's not like that operating system is 100% secure either.

So in conclusion: stop assuming that Mac is better just from what you hear. I've used OS X before, you haven't. Any OS X commercials are basically just like political ads - they only tell you what they want you to hear. I honestly can't see how an overly-simplified operating system can make computing easier to cope with.

FoxBlitzz said:
Going for a Mac to try and avoid these problems just shows that you cannot learn to face them yourself. And remember, OS X gets security updates too, so it's not like that operating system is 100% secure either.

So in conclusion: stop assuming that Mac is better just from what you hear. I've used OS X before, you haven't. Any OS X commercials are basically just like political ads - they only tell you what they want you to hear. I honestly can't see how an overly-simplified operating system can make computing easier to cope with.

1. I just like mac, I didn't say up there "I want a mac, becuz they r so much better than everything els and becuz I hate pc cuz it sucks" I just said I like it, because its easy to use(That dose NOT mean everyone on earth has to agree).

2. I wasn't trying to start an argument.

3.I'm not getting mac, we can't aford it anyway, and I didn't say "I'm gunna get a mac because I know what rong with but dont want to fix it because macs dont need fixing becux there cool." Notice this topic is actualy trying to FIX my pc, not trash it and get a mac. ok? I'm done, post what you will but I'm done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back