gvbvdxx
Member
(not sure if this is the right place to post it here)
I
'm making a port for SRB2 (v2.2.15) for web browsers currently, it features online multiplayer (since nobody has done It yet),
but when I use the -connect flag the entire thing breaks until the game enters a zone (the screen is oversized) and resizing causes the game to crash, currently I have a placeholder fix but its not permanent.
It only works whenever I send the connect command a few milliseconds after "THIS GAME SHOULD NOT BE SOLD".
Also I'm not good at C, only JavaScript so I had to let AI figure out all the emscripten compiling stuff and getting the i_net.c to actually send stuff to the JavaScript.
Also there is another bug if anyone could fix, but on multiplayer hosting it lags everyone else when you switch tabs off the game, which is very annoying to people playing on your netgame.
(And also I need people to help maintain the C code so there is less crashes)
Here is the source code: https://github.com/gvbvdxxalt2/SRB2web (I use GitHub Codespaces to compile and work on it, it would also be nice if someone could test windows compiling support)
I
'm making a port for SRB2 (v2.2.15) for web browsers currently, it features online multiplayer (since nobody has done It yet),
but when I use the -connect flag the entire thing breaks until the game enters a zone (the screen is oversized) and resizing causes the game to crash, currently I have a placeholder fix but its not permanent.
It only works whenever I send the connect command a few milliseconds after "THIS GAME SHOULD NOT BE SOLD".
Also I'm not good at C, only JavaScript so I had to let AI figure out all the emscripten compiling stuff and getting the i_net.c to actually send stuff to the JavaScript.
Also there is another bug if anyone could fix, but on multiplayer hosting it lags everyone else when you switch tabs off the game, which is very annoying to people playing on your netgame.
(And also I need people to help maintain the C code so there is less crashes)
Here is the source code: https://github.com/gvbvdxxalt2/SRB2web (I use GitHub Codespaces to compile and work on it, it would also be nice if someone could test windows compiling support)