I Need Help With Certain Frames

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I am trying to make a character in a wad that I want to use certain frames as opposed to special effects, or just standing there, so these are my questions.
Is there a special frame name that would make the character change into that frame instead of just having sparkles or a transparent orb appear when collecting a power-up?
Are there any frame names that give the character a victory pose or a defeat pose instead of either standing there or falling off the screen?

That is all. Thankyou in advanced.

If that is true then, is there any "known" way to make those frames and add them to the hex lump thing?
It seems like it would be possible, seeing as there is alot more than A-Z, a-z, and [\]^-' on the keyboard.
Or will any attempt at that likely cause a 1110111010011101 binary error?

It seems slightly possible, but mostly when you have a level with linedef executors working together with a character wad to point to another sprite. However, depending on the sprite that you point to, it will either sigsev with other characters or make it look just awkward.

For all practical purposes, the answer is still no.

You could add more frames normally, but the game wouldn't switch to them when you get a pwoer-up. You'd need ZOMG EXE MODZ!!1

Anything that can change the player's state can theoretically put them into some custom states.

Theoretically that is, experimentally there's lots of stupid limitations. If you want to use additional frames for something, you'll need SOCcing knowledge. But you're right, PLAYc, PLAYd, PLAYe, it's all up for grabs.

Hmm... But more specifically, I want my characters to go into a sort of "defence mode" type frame everytime they get invincibility, for example, in Mario games, Mario flashes colors, in the Banjo Kazooie games, Kazooie's wings shield Banjo with sparkly yellow light, etc...

You could always alter the invincibility sparkles to look fancy. But otherwise, there's nothing much you can do with monitors.

I read, and there was nothing on the suggestion lines of invincibility frames. I am not going to read all of those pages for what I need, it will take too long...

Ok, by speculation, my brother wants to see me make a Banjo-Kazooie character wad, seems easy enough, I can handle the flying, the egg ammo, the turbo tallon trot, the jumping, and rollouts, but my problem here would be covering Kazooie's Wonderwing Invincibility move, I could make it in a superform, but my artistic pride prevents me from taking the easy way out, the wonderwing is only a temporary invincibility, and the only thing I could think of that even slightly makes sense is haveing a special frame...The problem is..How?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back