I need help with boss fight levels

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whenever I make a boss level with srb2 doom builder, they always stay there even when i set end level at death to them....and i set flypionts too.
and suggestions?

-did you put in Nodes?
-Do you have Eggman's tag set to when he dies the level is completed(This may be hard, try using SRB2 Doom builder)
-You don't need flypoints for a boss last time I remembered.

Well, i made sure i did that, but for some reason, eggman dies and then just sits there. Oh yea I am using Srb2 Doom Builder, and the tags are fine. I'm working on a project called "warzone levels" for my use only in net games. But theyr still beta untuill the bosses work. OMG!! A thousand bosses. :p

:edit: yes, i run Zennode every time i finish one of my totally psyco levels. I have no idea whats wrong. Thanks for the tips though.

Ok..let me see if I can help...
1)If you are using the egg slimer, you need to have a axis object with a flags value of 1 in the middle of his rotation. Look at techno hill III to get it right.

2)Don't set flags that aren't described in the SRB2DB. That can make BAD things happen

3)Is your boss flypoint in a sector? IT has to be, even if it's just a triangle outside the map.

I could help more if I had a test level

Well I'm making a set of levels like.......ok how do i put this.........Basically multiple bosses in 1 level. i have a flypoint for each. they are all eggmobiles, so dont see what the problem is. No my levels are crazy and Id get flamed for posting an immposible to beat map :(. However, if you can help me just how to set multiple bosses with only one ending the level, please help. Thanks .Hack.

:edit: Um......what do you mean flags that arent described in srb2db? I dont set levels with linedef executors for that reason. last time i tried i got a sigsev. T_T'.....also, why is it that srb2db doesnt allow for really big levels? or do i need more computer memory? Thanks for any tips or suggestions.

On edge,............what exactly are you talking about? Multi boss flag...........My srb2db doesnt exaclty work correctly. Oh yea, thanks, before you reply, ill check to see if this works.

Interesting..Ok. The short answer is that you can't have a bunch of eggmobiles in one room and expect for them to work properly. However, what I think you can do is use the "no more enemies" linedef to create new rooms for a bunch of bosses.

What on Edge was saying about the multiplayer flag is the one in the SRB2DB that says "end level on death". If you check that, and have one boss, it will literally do just that.

Oh, and when I said don't check flags that aren't described, don't check the "deaf", "Thing flag", or "multiplayer" flags unless you know what you're doing. Usually, they will screw up what an object is suppossed to do. For example, if you check the deaf flag on a jetty-syn gunner, then it won't move.

Hmm..........ok thanks, this actually worked once. It came up though that for some reason it works and sometimes it doesnt. Ill delete a few bosses and see if I can fix the rest. Thanks .hack.

:EDIT: Ok i edited the linedefs, and now it sigsevs. What does signal handler segmant violation mean anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back