I need help hosting a dedicated server.

nerd123

The Average Sonic
I followed all the steps on the wiki, but its not showing up on the master server. am i doing anything wrong? (yes, it is a batch file, and it opens the game in a terminal.)

1690576555273.png

Before worrying about whether it shows up on the Master Server, try checking on another device whether you can join from your server's private IP, and then it's public IP (you can find that at whatsmyip.org). If you can join in both cases and it's still not showing up on the Master Server,
-Make sure SRB2 and the Master Server are allowed through whatever firewalls or filters you may have
-Leave the game running for a minute before checking if it's registered
-Try specifying a server name in the config file, if possible

Last edited:
-room ID 33
Spaces in command lines separate different arguments. Usually one argument is a switch (like -roomid) and the next is its argument. What I'm quoting is three different arguments; I didn't look at the command line syntax of SRB2 but you should probably remove the space between -room and ID.

I've seen many people misunderstand the wiki's instructions when it tells you this:
To host on the Master Server, you also need to specify a room with the parameter -room [I]ID[/I]. The room ID should be 33 for the Standard room and 28 for the Casual room.
I don't blame anybody who does get this confused, because tbh this should probably have better clarification on the wiki page. But you aren't supposed to put the text "ID" after the -room parameter, all it's supposed to contain is the number.

This is how I have it setup:
srb2win -dedicated -room 33

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back