Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nah.

• If it could be made it would Suxoorz!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am making a 3D game called (Undicided) with characters Sonic, Tails, Knux, Shadow, Maybe Cream, Big, and Chaos 0. Each with their own special ability(s) (not attack).

Sonic: light speed dash; run on water.
Tails: Sends out AI Mechs and tells them what to do; Fly
Knux: Master emerald invincibility, Emerald finder 3.0 A.K.A. Emerald Radar
Shadow: Chaos Control; dissapear
Cream: Fly; Chao headbutt
Big: Eat the fish in your inventory for heath :roll:; fish
Chaos 0: Travel across water; long limbs

It will also have an Ultumite Chao System.

My friend, Supachao67, and I will be working on this all we can.

supachao67 said/ said:
I don't care if we're in collage by the time we get this done. Let's just make it like crazy!

More updates to come!

Story: %0
Characters: %60
levels: %2
Chao: Planned

No offence to you guys, but God, why do you call yourselves Sonic fans!?!? The game should have Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, and no one else. The newer Sonic games are turning into typical, generic games with all these steriotypical characters. You have Rouge to perpetuate the "sexy" image, and Shadow, to promote the goth/angst image. Back then you didn't need these characters. You just had a great time. The game didn't need as much personality as they do today, either. "Sonic Speed, Sonic Attitude" was all the personality you needed.

These new characters are ruining Sonic. I don't need 50 thousand people with Shadow or Omega (if it implies the characters) in their damn names. The Shadow game is going to butcher the classic Sonic gameplay, and all these idiots go, "Ooh! This game is gonna rock! I can fire a gun!"

After the Shadow game is released, we'll likely have a torrent of idiots come to the Sonic community, saying idiotic things like "Man, that Shadow game rules!" Or, "Why isn't there a Shadow Robo Blast?"

The Shadow game might be a good game, but it isn't a true Sonic game.

Any characters made after 1995 can go to hell.

That's nice.

I agree that we don't need too many more NEW characters, and that keeping it to STK wouldn't be a bad idea, but I disagree that the new ones that we have are doing much problem. If they were relegated to NPCs, then we wouldn't have the problems we have today, and STILL would appease to all the different people clamoring for their favorite characters. And frankly, if you think I'm any less a Sonic fan for having a disagreeing opinion, you need to see a shrink about this thing called a "superiority complex".

Personally, I don't have a problem with the new characters. I have a problem with the fact that they don't change gameplay in the slightest. If you recall, playing as Tails and Knuckles in S3K opened up totally different paths on the same levels for the player to experience. It may have been the same stage, but it played totally different as Knuckles, and playing as Tails let the player get places he couldn't otherwise reach.

The modern Sonic games have lost that and henceforth lose a lot of the point of having more than one character. If playing as Amy let the player access things he couldn't otherwise access, then I would understand the point. If Shadow wasn't just a Sonic clone and was able to use the Chaos Control to warp around the stage at will, that would change the gameplay and allow him to reach areas he wouldn't be able to otherwise.

That was always the point of the multiple characters in the Sonic games, and as long as all the players are clones, then there isn't any reason to have them.

However, I do have a major issue with this announcement on another front. He has absolutely nothing written here except for planned features. I can tell you what happens when people do that, and it looks something like this: http://www.sepwich.com/ssntails/mb/viewtopic.php?t=891

I'm not going to believe anything until I start seeing real actual screenshots or demos of the thing in action. I'm sorry for that, but the reality of it is that most of these "planned" features or "planned" fangames never get off the planning stage.

I agree. I don't know half the character's names. I don't even know the hirarchy of the emerald system!
From what I can tell, there are 7 chaos emeralds, 7 more 'super' emeralds (?), and 1 SUPAHULTRAMEGAULTIMATE master emerald.

All you really need is Sonic and Eggman, a la Sonic 1. That game rocked. Then, Tails and Knuckles came in in S2 and S3 respectively. Those games were fun too, but it kinda got a little watered down at Sonic Adventure 1 & 2. Every game after that is just downright confusing.

I don't care what any of you say, I think SA1 and SA2 rocked..

Well.. only Sonic, Knux, and Tails were fun in SA1.. and I hated everything but the chao garden and the Sonic/Shadow courses in SA2..

Shut up x_x.

I'd make a fan game right about now, but I suck at level editing and coming up with stories. I got a couple of engines in my folders, but I got no story for them.

But yeah, STK are the only fun characters in the Sonic World.

Story is totally unnecessary for Sonic games. Look at SRB2. If you call that a story, you're out of your mind.

Mystic said:
Personally, I don't have a problem with the new characters. I have a problem with the fact that they don't change gameplay in the slightest. If you recall, playing as Tails and Knuckles in S3K opened up totally different paths on the same levels for the player to experience. It may have been the same stage, but it played totally different as Knuckles, and playing as Tails let the player get places he couldn't otherwise reach.

The modern Sonic games have lost that and henceforth lose a lot of the point of having more than one character. If playing as Amy let the player access things he couldn't otherwise access, then I would understand the point. If Shadow wasn't just a Sonic clone and was able to use the Chaos Control to warp around the stage at will, that would change the gameplay and allow him to reach areas he wouldn't be able to otherwise.

That was always the point of the multiple characters in the Sonic games, and as long as all the players are clones, then there isn't any reason to have them.

However, I do have a major issue with this announcement on another front. He has absolutely nothing written here except for planned features. I can tell you what happens when people do that, and it looks something like this: http://www.sepwich.com/ssntails/mb/viewtopic.php?t=891

I'm not going to believe anything until I start seeing real actual screenshots or demos of the thing in action. I'm sorry for that, but the reality of it is that most of these "planned" features or "planned" fangames never get off the planning stage.
Sonic Adventure kinda had that, only the levels were changed a little.

Mystic said:
Story is totally unnecessary for Sonic games. Look at SRB2. If you call that a story, you're out of your mind.
Oops.

Keep Sonic, Tails And Knuckels as playable characters. Dr. Robotnik and the Classic Metal Sonic can be the main enemys. While Amy Rose can play a small role in the game like she did in Sonic CD. Anyway what programming language will this be in? Pascal, Basic, C++ or just plain binary?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back