I have an idea of a FireFox Addon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snowyfox

Hee-Hawk! That's a Giradonk
I have an idea,you can draw around websites with your mouse and there's a little pencil in the loading thing which lets you draw. You can make funny moments for example,Give the Knuckles on Ocean a Mustache and a hat and a flag or color him blue. or do stuff like that.

That sounds cool, but it'd be a bad idea if it were cloud-based. Imagine the vandalizing by phallic means.

From a technical standpoint, I don't see it working too well. In short, it'd need to be content-aware. It would have to figure out what page elements to anchor to in case those elements decide to change (EG. a user draws something that is meant to be on the sidebar of a website and said sidebar often changes. The doodle would no longer make sense unless it were moved around or removed along with the relevant content). That's not something you can easily train software to do.

Actually it only lasts when you're on the page.when you get out,it'll be gone.

but my most big problem is: It'd take years to do such a thing.so I need

something like teamwork or some coder because am not the fan of visual basic and such things.though,the commands in srb2 are similar to that in ways. oh,I don't know about the cloud thing because cloud has 1 meaning,the oxygen on top of us. though,Ubuntu has something called Ubuntu One which says it's a cloud for storing stuff. (which I never used.)

edit:I forgot,there's a eraser.so the tools are in the taskbar thing

Last edited:
Yes. and I finally understood what you said Blitzz,I can't think I can make it do it,but i'll try my best. my only problem is that I don't code,( since I Use ubuntu I have to use Python.)

there are stuff like that on the internet though,but there for like 1.5 and 2.0 I've never seen ones for 3.5. but I can't do it all so it'd be probably canned because I can't make add-ons. by the way, is there a simple add on maker for firefox?

There is no tool that will do it for you. If you have no information on how to script and stuff. I don't think you could pull this off.

Ehm, that's not really what I meant when I said "hit the Print Screen key on your keyboard and paste into your graphics program". I just meant that you could take a picture of a website and doodle on it in Photoshop or whatever. Like this:

LolDoodle.png

Your addon is pointless.

Tweak the idea a little, make it cloud based, with a little button when you're on a page that has stuff other people have done and uploaded, allowing you to view it.

As FB said, the anchoring would be a pain, but still. Entire pages not just what you can see, too. :3

Last edited:
The add-on isn't really pointless. As dropping images into paint could take some work. This is just browse and paint a mustache on Mystic sort of stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back