I found this strange mod called "Modern Sonic Azure".

SpongeSonicGuy(?)

You're buttery.
It's just a Sonic with a "CA_HOMINGTHOK", a "CA_DOUBLEJUMP", a walljump, and a "CA2_SPINDASH". It's also compatible with Jeck Jims' Modern Sonic model... somehow. Also turning it on with MotdSpork's Modern Sonic will just turn the former into the latter. Also it has a speedometer. And sometimes it'll thok for no reason.

I've run into that, it's horrid. The mod is pretty janky, and sometimes it crashes the game. For me anyway.

It's janky and when I set it with modern sonic it gives him a thok.

There's nothing wrong with liking it, it's just not my cup of tea.
I just don't like how it messes with modernsonic.

Yes, I know that it feels jank as hell, but I've learned to live with the jank. In fact I've been playing more of him lately. You just have to figure him out better is all.

Yes, I know that it feels jank as hell, but I've learned to live with the jank. In fact I've been playing more of him lately. You just have to figure him out better is all.
I guess I could try him, my main problem with him though is that I collect characters so I can set models for them, Azure's skin name is the same as modern sonic, which is probably where most of my spite for the character is coming from, heck, I enjoy playing as Sunky, models make them look nice, so it's not as bad as I make it out to be, it's just the model issue that makes it a real turnoff, I found rush models for Srb2 and I'm looking for characters (sonics particularly) to fill in. I guess I kinda forgot that, but that's the real reason why.

I guess I could try him, my main problem with him though is that I collect characters so I can set models for them, Azure's skin name is the same as modern sonic, which is probably where most of my spite for the character is coming from, heck, I enjoy playing as Sunky, models make them look nice, so it's not as bad as I make it out to be, it's just the model issue that makes it a real turnoff, I found rush models for Srb2 and I'm looking for characters (sonics particularly) to fill in. I guess I kinda forgot that, but that's the real reason why.
You could make a seperate wad for him and name it "Azure Sonic". That could help set a seperate model for him.

Really? I thought doing that messes up everything? I don't know how to make wads, but renaming the file certainly won't work.
What I meant was you could just copy EVERYTHING from him and put it into a new wad. Just go into SLADE, and follow a custom character tutorial. You could even fix him in some ways!

NO. you basically just change the name that appears in the S_SKIN parameter "name = " and save the wad. Super super simple.
Oh. I feel so dumb right now.
Post automatically merged:

NO. you basically just change the name that appears in the S_SKIN parameter "name = " and save the wad. Super super simple.
But wait, just how do you extract a wad?

Last edited:
I did that, but then it wouldn't work. I had to change it back for it to work. You see, THIS is why I suggested what I suggested.
What did you change it to? You're not allowed to have spaces in S_SKIN and SOC_PLAY. If you did add spaces in the names then it'd crash the game on load.

Attachments

• Screenshot (88).png
    Screenshot (88).png
    147.5 KB · Views: 72
What did you change it to? You're not allowed to have spaces in S_SKIN and SOC_PLAY. If you did add spaces in the names then it'd crash the game on load.
I changed it to Azure Sonic and thanks for telling me to not to put spaces.
Post automatically merged:

I changed it to Azure Sonic and thanks for telling me to not to put spaces.
It won't work unless the name stays "modernsonic".

Last edited:
...... here, it works fine. realname, name, and SKINNAME need to be the same for it to appear on CS. I also adjusted "modernsonic" in lua files to "modernsonicazure" all his sfx work. I also found out well ehrm think this mod is a PORTLEG! I've seen this mod in 2.1 vids, with a working boost and everything. (Might also explain why it's a WAD) Do not shared this wad with anyone. It's a portleg I only gave you this since you were having trouble with models and such.

Attachments

• ModernSonAzurv2.wad
    4.2 MB · Views: 206
  • Screenshot (90).png
    Screenshot (90).png
    147.1 KB · Views: 87
  • Screenshot (89).png
    Screenshot (89).png
    141.6 KB · Views: 80
...... here, it works fine. realname, name, and SKINNAME need to be the same for it to appear on CS. I also adjusted "modernsonic" in lua files to "modernsonicazure" all his sfx work. I also found out well ehrm think this mod is a PORTLEG! I've seen this mod in 2.1 vids, with a working boost and everything. (Might also explain why it's a WAD) Do not shared this wad with anyone. It's a portleg I only gave you this since you were having trouble with models and such.
Thats awesome!

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back