I cannot put a download button on my addon.

Soap Surfin

First time doing this, but I need help with putting a download button on my addon, The Derp. I tried to follow the tutorial on how to do it, but here's the problem:
The "Change resource type" option will not show up, as seen here on the far right.
1636735851711.png

If someone can help me figure out this issue, that would be awesome. Thank you.

Whilst Change Resource is ultimately best (and how you are supposed to do it), there is another method.

Literally just push an update with the file included. It'll then update it to have that as the download. It should then have the button.

Edit Resource won't work for this as it doesn't allow you to upload a file for the mod.

... huh.

Thought that would work. Well, uh, this is bizarre, considering I haven't had issues with this. Well, then, uh, we MIGHT have an issue on our hands.

I remember seeing a similar problem with another user months ago... and it doesn't seem like you can do anything about it. The options we usually use are just not there. Your only options are to add a download link to your page's description instead of having the button, or completely remake a new addon submission just for a download button (which is not recommended). We really got no clue what makes some old addons allow for the resource to be added, and what makes others not capable of having one. Perhaps something changed on our end, I wouldn't know, I'm not a web coder.

I remember seeing a similar problem with another user months ago... and it doesn't seem like you can do anything about it. The options we usually use are just not there. Your only options are to add a download link to your page's description instead of having the button, or completely remake a new addon submission just for a download button (which is not recommended). We really got no clue what makes some old addons allow for the resource to be added, and what makes others not capable of having one. Perhaps something changed on our end, I wouldn't know, I'm not a web coder.
Can I delete the submission myself or does a mod have to do it for me?

I may have fixed the issue. Can anyone check if they have the button again?

Sorry, I should have been more clear: I'm asking addon creators to let me know if the Change resource type button is back.

Based. All I did was add a resource type to characters, which all the other categories had already, so as long as characters have it we should be good

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back