• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
While playing s3&k i got stuck in a vine(two acully) in mushrom hill
and while trying to run (and hopfully break the vines) I saw the after image come out of hyper sonic and thought of a way to Make REAL hyper forms in srb2, First the after images.

All we would need to do is past 2 sprites on top of eachoter While
making the super frames And make the exstra sprites semi-Transparnent.

Now the blinking,

That would take the smallist amount of c++
to make exstra frames (7 For Each Acutle Super frame)

This could also make glowing super forms.

(EDIT) Wow people voted yes that dosnt happen to me much.(EDIT)

Absolutely. I mean, acully mushrom and hopfully, past eachoter exstra Transparnent in a smallist exstra Acutle.

It could also help if you could type in English.

Replicating the effect in SRB2 would be terribly tedious with sprites alone; you could probably achieve similar results with a SOC or something. That, and JTE's already done this sort of thing with spindash trails.

Um, wow. I can barely understand what you're trying to say. Is this what you're talking about?
srb20035-1.png

As Ritz said, JTE already made something like that with spindash trails. All you gotta do is apply it to Hyper Sonic.

Shuffle said:
Um, wow. I can barely understand what you're trying to say. Is this what you're talking about?
[LINK]
As Ritz said, JTE already made something like that with spindash trails. All you gotta do is apply it to Hyper Sonic.
I was aware of the after-images for spindashes, but I never realized hyper was given them. I'll have to go check that out. *wipes dust off of SRB2JTE*

Nope, it isn't. I did that. All you really need to do is spawn MT_THOK and give it a target and it will steal the sprites from said target. You might be able to do it with SOCs, but I dunno.

Yes, he means color changing. Something that would require either green SuperSonic sprites, or a startcolor for SuperSonic.

Meh. The color changing isn't anything special in SRB2, there aren't enough colors.

Neo Chaotikal said:
Absolutely. I mean, acully mushrom and hopfully, past eachoter exstra Transparnent in a smallist exstra Acutle.

It could also help if you could type in English.

Smart***

The color changing is easyer then you all think,

All we need to do is make some extra sprites of super sonic and recolor them for the extra sprites.

Well thats what i think :roll:

Why was color changing disabled while moving anyway? I don't see the point. Its easy to spot a flashing player, so whats so bad about it?

So you don't go changing colors every time your surroundings change, probably.
The color changing is easyer then you all think
First of all, it's "easier". Second, difficulty isn't a problem. It is, indeed, very easy to change the colors. But it's not worth it, IMO.

Would it be possible to make a character transparent, like the invisibility boxes from Crash Bandicoot 4: The Wrath of Cortex?

Yes, you could make the character transparent through the power of SOCcing. Although it's hard...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back