HugeQuest Alter Code: F

HugeQuest Alter Code: F V1.12

RetroStation submitted a new resource:

HugeQuest - Grow+, Smarter Jawz, and more!

OH, BIG
Welcome to HugeQuest, a collection of gameplay mods to spice up your Kart experience!

Featured mods (and their console commands):
Grow+(hq_huge, default On): Inspired by V2, Grow+ allows the use of items while active! Additionally, items used during Grow+ are now twice as big, with Orbinauts and Bananas splitting on impact with a player, another item, or - in Orbi's case - the last wall impact in their bounce threshold. Split items are...

Read more about this resource...

There is a problem with this addon: It breaks the "s_changemusic" function in other lua scripts as "s_changemusic" won't work anymore.

RetroStation updated HugeQuest with a new update entry:

Update - Donovan

More bugfixes and some interop changes, thanks to DarkyBenji.

Bugfixes:
- No more warning messages when SPB is chasing the player
- Fastlines no longer change color when hq_mtstore is disabled

Interop:
- Grow+'s speed boost is a global var (growplus.speedmod), allowing other mods to reference/adjust this value as necessary.
- Fixed Jawz colorizing logic to allow other mods to colorize it

Read the rest of this update entry...

This bug occurs when the race ends. There are many custom gametype addons like Friendmod, Elimination, Frontrun, ect., where s_changemusic is used in the scripts to play the win/lose jingle, depending on how well the player did. I noticed that sometimes the jingle starts playing, but the gets cut off one tic later, sometimes the course music continues playing or the music completely stops, when the jingle is suposed to play.
I have noticed another bug, where the console prints a warning message, if the player falls off the course while invincible.

This bug occurs when the race ends. There are many custom gametype addons like Friendmod, Elimination, Frontrun, ect., where s_changemusic is used in the scripts to play the win/lose jingle, depending on how well the player did. I noticed that sometimes the jingle starts playing, but the gets cut off one tic later, sometimes the course music continues playing or the music completely stops, when the jingle is suposed to play.
I have noticed another bug, where the console prints a warning message, if the player falls off the course while invincible.
I'll look into this, since s_changemusic in HugeQuest is for Grow/Star interactions, due to both of them having stackable timers. Without the function, music would revert to normal if under the effects of both when one wears off.

As far as the Invincibility warning, that should be an easy fix. Thank you for the feedback!

Update - Electra

A soul for a soul

Quantum Jawz have been removed from the code -- While a fun idea at the time, it ultimately does little to contribute to any semblance of balance and makes Jawz more aggravating than necessary. In its place is now an exploit fix for a specific interaction between the Eggman item and SPB. Namely, the exploit where a player could slam their brakes before Eggman detonates to get hit by the SPB, only for the Eggman explosion stun to override SPB stun. This exploit makes...

Update - Fenix

DarkyBenji did the bulk of this update, with a small interop change by me.

- Optimized several functions to reduce resource consumption
- Rewrote MusicChange, fixing a few music issues
- Changed item values from names to numbers, allowing XItemlib interop
- Merged two thinkframes into one in init.lua (Because I somehow didn't realize I accidentally wrote two different thinkframes)
- Added Invincibility/Grow+ check functions for their respective parent function
- Large items under the...

Update - Galsia

A few corrections re: MusicChange, along with some restructuring!

- Fixed a bug where Grow music would continue playing after crossing the finish line
- Fixed a bug where DNF'ing while Invincibility is active carried over the remaining duration into the next round, giving the player a head start while also allowing them to wreak havoc on other players
- Scrapped post-race tips in lieu of adding those tips to the Did You Know? section of Hostmod's Neo Scoreboard.
- Fixed a typo when...

Update - Hakuyo

More fixes, and we actually fixed the Grow Music bug

- Moved GrowplusEndCheck(p) above MusicChange
- Updated Grow Plus check related to when it ends
- Removed unused variable
- Normalized Grow Plus duration; hq_offroad now has the same duration as Vanilla Grow
- Rewrote audio function re: Grow Plus
- Amended Giant Banana split behavior: splits now blossom from their parent banana, as opposed to simply spawning from preset coordinates

Update: Izayoi

Merry Christmas, everyone! Some fun stuff inbound:
Bold denotes new stuff
Italics denotes changes to existing stuff

- New variable: hq_hugespeed(default: 0.1) - You can now adjust Grow+'s speed boost, and this value is affected by whether hq_offroad is on. If hq_offroad is off, speed boost value is doubled.
- New variable: hq_eggkarma(default On) - Grow+ treats Eggboxes as Karma items/UFOs, giving you better item odds.
- Grow+ players now have a chance at rolling The Sink...

Hey, there is an issue with the new update that I have.
It's the awards support. I'm using the normal version of Hostmod, so while it DOES check I AM using Hostmod, it cannot find the command for the awards, and it keeps nagging me with this error:
WARNING: ...laneous/KL_HugeQuest-Izayoi-final.pk3|Lua/Awards.lua:64: attempt to index a nil value
Can you please make a way to disable the awards, OR make a check to see if its using the modified version or not?

Edit: It also breaks in battle mode, but I'm not sure if that's a battleplus thing.

Last edited:
Hey, there is an issue with the new update that I have.
It's the awards support. I'm using the normal version of Hostmod, so while it DOES check I AM using Hostmod, it cannot find the command for the awards, and it keeps nagging me with this error:
WARNING: ...laneous/KL_HugeQuest-Izayoi-final.pk3|Lua/Awards.lua:64: attempt to index a nil value
Can you please make a way to disable the awards, OR make a check to see if its using the modified version or not?

Edit: It also breaks in battle mode, but I'm not sure if that's a battleplus thing.
The awards issue is being addressed in the next release.

How exactly is it breaking in Battle mode?

Update - Jack

A few minor fixes this time around

hq_awards is now off by default - this should eliminate the nagging warning message about attempting to index a nil value. Thank you to everyone who DM'd me about this lmao

If hq_offroad is enabled, players will now flash the opposite color of their current skin color. Additionally, you'll get a written indicator saying Terrain Immune, located right below your item slot. This indicator will also appear during Invincibility and will...

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back