How Would You Improve Bad Sonic Games?

Sonic Forces recently got a mod called Sonic Forces Overclocked, and I think it makes a great case for the more simple style of Boost gameplay premiered with Colors and Forces. More player input, less automation, better controls, utilize the entire moveset, tighter level design that encourages skips and demands 100% of your attention, and spectacle that is actually worth a damn because it feels earned. Here's my S-Rank of one of its levels to demonstrate:

I'll just spout a bunch of bare ideas I've had for Sonic games over the years.
Not all the games I'll list are bad per se, but it would improve them massively in the long run. (At least, in my opinion.)

Sonic Unleashed: remove the Werehog (maybe make that its own spin-off game entirely? Because it'd work fine on it's own.) and add a huge focus on the boost gameplay.

Sonic Forces: Remove Classic Sonic and maybe make the avatar fill that role? Also don't forget adding good physics, level design, and writing.

Sonic Lost World: Make the level design take advantage of the parkour mechanics a lot more.

Sonic Boom Rise of Lyric: Stop SEGA from making that deal with Nintendo to keep it from being a Wii-U exclusive. (and thus making the game work slightly better because the engine wasn't even designed for Wii-U hardware.)

Sonic '06: Practically remove the entire storyline, still keeping the bare concept of time travel in the story. Oh, yeah, and force SEGA to not rush the game lmao

Sonic Forces recently got a mod called Sonic Forces Overclocked, and I think it makes a great case for the more simple style of Boost gameplay premiered with Colors and Forces. More player input, less automation, better controls, utilize the entire moveset, tighter level design that encourages skips and demands 100% of your attention, and spectacle that is actually worth a damn because it feels earned. Here's my S-Rank of one of its levels to demonstrate:

awesome! Sonic Forces might be a bad game, but it's one of my favorites, and it holds a special place in my heart, since it was the first game i had for the switch. seeing someone make it an actually good game is awesome!

I may not add my suggestions, but let's consider some things for a second:

1. Games like Unleashed, Forces, Superstars already have a modding community. The last one is in it's early years, but it will get the spotlight like Generations or S3AIR. As @jubbalob has said, Forces Overclocked is already improving on the original Forces, so we can take that out of the picture.

2. Sonic 06 already has a fan remake by the title of "Sonic: Project-06" or just "Sonic P-06". There is no need to keep suggesting solutions because P-06 has almost all of it covered (it's almost because the remake is still in development). It currently on has all of the levels for Sonic, Shadow & Silver, but the next demo will include bosses.

3. Some Classic titles like Sonic 3 & Knuckles, Triple Trouble, Drift and Chaos have a remake or a remaster in the development (S3 and TT are somewhat exceptions). To my knowledge, here's whats in development:
- Sonic 1: South Island Definitive
- Sonic 2 HD
- Sonic 1 & 2 SMS Remakes
- Sonic Drift: 16-Bit Remake
- Sonic Chaos Remake
- Sonic Blast Remaster
- Sonic Pocket Adventure Remaster
Some games like the mobile ports of S1-CD have a decompilation, meaning they will have a modding community (at some point, at least). The mentioned decompilations have S1Forever, S2Absolute and SCDRestored, which are the definitive ways to play the decompilations.

My entire point being, some games we may consider bad are already being remade. We can either
- Hope for the other un-mentioned games to get a remake
- Support already existing remakes/remasters
- or Keep imagining our ways to improve on the bad titles.

Tbh, I'm not fixing really "bad games" but here's everything anyways.

I'd make Sonic Blast and Ladybirth never exist.

I'll give 06 more development time.

And then, make a PC port for Unleashed and then allow a little creator-thing for SuperStars and Frontiers (basically a thing where people can make abunch of cool things like levels, new textures, and other things that is already within the game.).

Then make Sonic Heroes, and STH for GC, & OG Xbox only, regradless of the PlayStation getting mad about no Sonic games on their console.

Throw the Wii U games deal into the garbage can, along with Sonic Boom.

Give Forces a longer development time, and make it have better animations and comedy.

And then add a better LEGO DLC to SuperStars.

And then make a collection for SA1, SA2, & Heroes that includes them remastered.

And then port a Rated T version of Shadow the Hedgehog that makes the game better then ever! :wow:

And give Sonic Colors Ultimate longer development time.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back